• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do it. And do not fall for the Blue Iguana trap. Red Iguana II is just fine.

Just hiked Bells Canyon for the first time up to the falls after work. 4.75 miler and a ton of elevation gain. Falls were raging with the late season snowmelt. Get up there!

I dont really love either Red or Blue Iguana. Hit up both of the when I was working out of SLC for a minute.

There was a Tuscan Italian restaurant somewhere downtown that absolutely banged, no cap. But I can't remember the name.

I dont really love either Red or Blue Iguana. Hit up both of the when I was working out of SLC for a minute.

There was a Tuscan Italian restaurant somewhere downtown that absolutely banged, no cap. But I can't remember the name.

I don't know how the first sentence is possible.

Valter's Osteria? It's pretty amazing, albeit pricey. Typically, many, many courses.

My wife's boss does this with his girlfriend. They are in Portugal now. I assume the long term rental rates on VRBO/Airbnb are priced in significantly cheaper than a weekend rental?

tell me more

Yeah, a lot of places will give you significantly cheaper rates for longer term rentals because of the stability. As someone mentioned earlier, this is actually pretty common in a lot of Europe and parts of Asia and South America. I would guess this will be more common in a post COVID world where more people have the ability to work remotely.

In some cases their monthly rental rates end up being cheaper than what they were paying monthly to be in one place. Which I know was part of their decision. Why pay more to stay in one city when they can pay less to move around the country.

There are downsides. Like Juice said, community and family is harder to connect with. For this reason they usually have periods of the year where they "base" at home (but they got rid of their permanent home)

Debating if I want to smoke a Brisket this weekend. Anyone have any good options. I got like 6 people coming over tomorrow.

Any Spelling Bee peeps just not do it when the Genius level is like 300+ points? Very unappealing to come up with that many common words. I think ideal is 90-120.

Absolutely. The other day when there was 75+ words I just thought to myself I’ll wait until tomorrow

YB I think I posted it a few weeks ago but Purgatory in SLC is so fucking good man. Please eat and report back.

Any Spelling Bee peeps just not do it when the Genius level is like 300+ points? Very unappealing to come up with that many common words. I think ideal is 90-120.

Agreed. I still work on it but sometimes get too bored with it to get to genius level. Although I did get it this past weekend when it was like 350 pts required.

YB I think I posted it a few weeks ago but Purgatory in SLC is so fucking good man. Please eat and report back.

I need to try this. Other cool restaurants/bars/breweries:

Takashi, Post Office Place (bar beside Takashi while you wait), White Horse, Arlo, Silver Fork (Big Cottonwood Canyon), Mint Tapas & Sushi (Sandy), Eight Settlers Distillery, Epic Brewing, Fisher Brewing, Lake Effect (bar).

I need to do bacon too. Sometimes teeter has a nice chunk of pork belly behind the glass. I have a practically lifetime supply of Morton tender quick from making pastrami so might as well get to it.

I haven’t gotten to use my smoker as much as I would have liked the last few months. We are headed to the lake next weekend for Father’s Day and I kind of just want to hang out at home and smoke something.

Back