• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my wife's direct reports has some serious alcohol abuse issues (former life/career destroyed, currently living in a halfway house). He emailed her this morning saying he was going to kill himself, but not to call the police because he might disarm the police (which is at least plausible) and then even more bad things would happen. He's a former veteran, and my wife works for VA, so she reached out to the VA suicide network who reached out to him and he got testy (emails to wife) about being badgered by the VA and more warnings not to call police. After a steady stream of information she hasn't heard anything in a few hours. Wifey is having a minor meltdown, but I'm worried that she'll lose her shit if this guy kills himself.

Ho hum, just another Tuesday.

Shit. That's intense.

I have zero idea how to handle a situation like that.

One of my wife's direct reports has some serious alcohol abuse issues (former life/career destroyed, currently living in a halfway house). He emailed her this morning saying he was going to kill himself, but not to call the police because he might disarm the police (which is at least plausible) and then even more bad things would happen. He's a former veteran, and my wife works for VA, so she reached out to the VA suicide network who reached out to him and he got testy (emails to wife) about being badgered by the VA and more warnings not to call police. After a steady stream of information she hasn't heard anything in a few hours. Wifey is having a minor meltdown, but I'm worried that she'll lose her shit if this guy kills himself.

Damn. Seems like it might be a good idea to beef up security at the office for a bit.

Sounds like you are a jinx to weddings.

My GF certainly appears to be. This wedding was hurricane free until she changed her plans.

I, for one, want to hear more about these Lifetime channel like circumstances

Two lawyers who work together, turns out both were cheating on each other, one was cheating with a coworker, bosses and clients notified of infidelity, unexpected pregnancy, inconclusive paternity test, and the couple is still living together and trying to work things out

That's all I can give for now.

Good lord, you're wife is saint for putting herself into these situations. Hopefully this will be resolved peacefully.

My GF certainly appears to be. This wedding was hurricane free until she changed her plans.

Two lawyers who work together, turns out both were cheating on each other, one was cheating with a coworker, bosses and clients notified of infidelity, unexpected pregnancy, inconclusive paternity test, and the couple is still living together and trying to work things out

That's all I can give for now.

That some real life shit right there

well, that's certainly dramatic.

recently heard of a friend of a friend who was at a bachelorette party where they learned the bride-to-be was cheating. left her phone open and had a bunch of "I hope you're having so much fun this weekend, I can't wait for you to be back in my arms... ILY, babe." texts one night... but not from her husband-to-be. OOPS.

Yeah my GF was the MOH and went up there a few weeks ago to try to smooth everything over, only to find out that both parties were still actively lying to each other and their families about just how unfaithful they had been. My GF washed her hands of it after that, and we changed her flight to join me in the Keys. Then came the hurricane.

Yeah my GF was the MOH and went up there a few weeks ago to try to smooth everything over, only to find out that both parties were still actively lying to each other and their families about just how unfaithful they had been. My GF washed her hands of it after that, and we changed her flight to join me in the Keys. Then came the hurricane.

giphy.gif

Two observations from the last 10 mins:

(1) I was wrong in my thought that we had collectively agreed as a society that heating up fish in the office microwave was verboten.

(2) It's a pretty bold move to drop a deuce and then make firm, sustained eye contact with someone else in the bathroom as you blatantly don't wash your hands before walking out. He was also drinking his coffee whilst on the can.

El Chupe accidentally broke up an engagement one time when, at our buddy's wedding, El Chupe told the guy in front of his fiancee he had enjoyed meeting him at our buddy's bachelor party. Apparently the dude had lied to his fiancee and told her there was no bachelor party (or that he hadn't attended or something), and the fiancee starts screaming about "SECRETS AND LIES!!!" and storms off. They broke off the engagement. Nice job, El Chupe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back