• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely done with iPhones once this one craps out

Everything after the 6 has been so dumb

Ready to go back to Samsung

Wifey has the newest galaxy and I hate it. I find it much more clumsy than the iphone. Maybe it's just because I've been all apple for everything for the last 10 years and that's what I'm used to. Wifey loves it and hates the iphone.

the one thing I do like about the samsung is that even though they did away with the home button, they put the fingerprint scanner on the back. I find it curious that apple didn't do that with the X to at least give people the option.

Golic was talking about the strike 30 for 30 this morning and had some interesting takes since he was one of the players on strike and he essentially got released from the Texans for not crossing the picket line. I'll have to watch that this weekend.

ulKPvay.jpg

I have a school PC that I have to use for the class projector and it is driving me insane

I've become an Apple addict....so much better

I have a school PC that I have to use for the class projector and it is driving me insane

I've become an Apple addict....so much better

Yeah there were some versions of windows interface that were so lol bad 5 years ago I've never dared dipping my toes out of the apple universe.

Yeah I still like apple computers but their phone strategy is dumb

I've had my iPhone 7 for the past year and am very happy with it. Phones will have to change a lot for me to pay for another one. And they'll have to change monumentally for me to pay $1K for one when I have a phone I'm perfectly happy with. Also, the phone should fit comfortably in my pocket.

Yeah I still like apple computers but their phone strategy is dumb

The next iPhone will have fingerprint auth touching anywhere on the screen IMO. I think they were hoping to get it done for the X but that shit didn't pan out. They were really against the back of phone scanner for multiple reasons.

Face ID unlock sucks though. Android had that shit years ago and I hated it. Your twin can definitely get in if my experience w/ that was any indicator.

I shouldn't say their strategy is bad, they're probably doing fine

It's just not appealing to me to continue spending more for features already a generation old on other phones

I shouldn't say their strategy is bad, they're probably doing fine

It's just not appealing to me to continue spending more for features already a generation old on other phones

Fair enough. My current thinking is that I don't need the newest features - I need relatively new features done well. Apple seems to do well at incorporating things other have done before and making them relatively rock solid.

That plus the fact that if you go with Android and don't have the latest flagship phone, it can take months to get the latest OS after its first released.

I'll probably stick with iPhone because my work laptop is still an Apple and the android security policy for using our google business stuff is awful to deal with, but I think I might be going from my 6+ to an 8 or something instead of jumping up to the X. The lack of fingerprint unlock is a deal breaker for me.

I feel like an OWG, but a fingerprint unlock does absolutely nothing for me. Who cares?

I use it for apps like banking, credit card, ADT and the app store so I don't have to remember all those passwords.

I still have a 6 and it's fine. Sounds like a refurb 7 will be the next move, when necessary.

I use it for apps like banking, credit card, ADT and the app store so I don't have to remember all those passwords.

In addition to just unlocking the phone (which is way faster than typing in my code), all of this. Banking app and password manager in particular, since those both have extremely long passwords otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back