• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
stav on Chapo was the single best podcast episode in history

I want to fucking run my phone over with my damn Jeep over and over again. Last thing I want is it on my fucking wrist.

I am so burnt out on constant communications.

So anyway, I got this new apple watch...any tips? Seems more complicated than a fitbit

My Fitbit crapped out in May and I switched to Apple Watch. Don’t really love it actually. I can’t get music or podcasts to download to it which would be the primary benefit so I wouldn’t have to carry a phone for running. Everything else is just a crappier version of what my phone can do

My Fitbit crapped out in May and I switched to Apple Watch. Don’t really love it actually. I can’t get music or podcasts to download to it which would be the primary benefit so I wouldn’t have to carry a phone for running. Everything else is just a crappier version of what my phone can do

How do you like its fitness tracking compared to fitbit?

I want to fucking run my phone over with my damn Jeep over and over again. Last thing I want is it on my fucking wrist.

exactly

the medical stuff I can rock with, the others i'm just like to each their own, i guess

feels like everybody in dc has an apple watch

i also do not get it

I like the metrics and the heartbeat stuff, plus the tracking of elevation and what not on my run. I also like to know how active I am in a day. The fitbit was ideal for all that. I don't really need the applewatch bells and whistles.

Your phone comes with an on/off switch. Learn how to place it in the "off" position. Your life will be better.

Wassup Jeep Bro !?!

hjwiet285pw01.jpg

I have a Fitbit. It helps me be aware of how little I’m moving during the day and motivates me to move around.

It also forced me to realize how shitty my sleep was. I turned off notifications for any calls, texts, etc.

blue, you are for real one of my favorite posters, but sometimes I'm wondering what's going through your head when you say very obvious things as new information

I have a fitbit. I have no interest in an Apple watch.

Looking forward to the day when wearables are able to provide much more detailed and accurate information, though that's probably not going to happen via wearing a watch.

blue, you are for real one of my favorite posters, but sometimes I'm wondering what's going through your head when you say very obvious things as new information

That was somewhat tongue in cheek. Maybe I need to add an emoji next time. Maybe a winkie or something.

😉

I have a Fitbit. It helps me be aware of how little I’m moving during the day and motivates me to move around.

It also forced me to realize how shitty my sleep was. I turned off notifications for any calls, texts, etc.

Same here, been wearing one for about a month. I mainly wanted to be able to check out my heart rate but the sleep data is interesting as well. It doesn’t always accurately pick up the heart rate for exercise though. The step tracking is good for combating sloth and seems to give credit for movements like actively cooking a dinner that a regular step counter would not.

I turned off the text notifications, that shit got old in 10 mins.

I also still wear a real watch on the other wrist because I’m a huge dork.

I once said he was the Phil Simms of posters and I stand by that.

I wonder what Foucault would think about wearables and biopower/self-discipline

I respect someone who is willing to go out to lunch by themselves. Bring a book, make a few phone calls, send some emails etc. What makes my blood boil is if you decide to facetime on speakerphone your mom through the whole damn thing. Show some god damn respect for the other diners. Probably one of many reasons why you are alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back