• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get into airpods, they just look soooooo douchey

They do look douchey, but they are fucking amazing after you break down and start using them. The noise cancellation is great and the the sound brings the heat.

I went SCUBA diving with my pair in my pocket, RIP. Been meaning to buy a new set for a while now.

Yeah, all of the wildlife organizations insist that there are no cougars left in the eastern U.S. (other than panthers in Florida), but I've met quite a few people who claim to have seen them, both in the mountains and coastal plain of NC. Plenty of supposed bigfoot sightings too, I guess, but it seems like there's likely a few left the government doesn't know (or doesn't want us to know) about.

Yea IDK about this. ML's haven't been shot on the east coast since the late 1800's and its been like a hundred years ago or something since a population has been confirmed on the east coast.

If they are around i'd bet they'd be in the Adirondack mountains, not NC.

I went like 10 years without a good pair of headphones, and broke down and bought me some bose 700 series. My previous nice headphones were like 15 years ago and had a wire and shit. Moving to wireless headphones is a game changer as far as convenience though, so I can see why people get the pods, I just absolutely hate the design.

My biggest concern is durability. I have a limited time frame to get my trail runs in, so when that time hits I have to go, regardless of the conditions outside. I end up doing a lot of running in the rain and snow and I'm hesitant to spend a ton of money on a pair that is gonna crap out because I treat them shitty.

I spend a considerable period each day coming up with new combinations of awesome words. A piece of time ago, I landed on a gold mine for describing a dude's beard: sperm bib. I've been waiting for the right opportunity to drop it, and just so happened to be in a conversation with a group of guys earlier today. One of the guys was lamenting the fact that his wife had asked him to significantly trim back his beard. I was like, "hey, man, you don't need all that extra sperm bib anyway."

Landed way too harsh, bros. The other two guys with us lost their shit laughing. Timing was spot on, but the bearded dude got cut too deep. The two-syllable direct fire is too hard to soften, so it just slapped him in the face. He lasted another minute or two to save face, but then peaced out. I'm gonna have to put a band-aid on that one. Feel like a dick.

My biggest concern is durability. I have a limited time frame to get my trail runs in, so when that time hits I have to go, regardless of the conditions outside. I end up doing a lot of running in the rain and snow and I'm hesitant to spend a ton of money on a pair that is gonna crap out because I treat them shitty.

have you considered paying a mariachi band to jog along behind you?

I spend a considerable period each day coming up with new combinations of awesome words. A piece of time ago, I landed on a gold mine for describing a dude's beard: sperm bib. I've been waiting for the right opportunity to drop it, and just so happened to be in a conversation with a group of guys earlier today. One of the guys was lamenting the fact that his wife had asked him to significantly trim back his beard. I was like, "hey, man, you don't need all that extra sperm bib anyway."

Landed way too harsh, bros. The other two guys with us lost their shit laughing. Timing was spot on, but the bearded dude got cut too deep. The two-syllable direct fire is too hard to soften, so it just slapped him in the face. He lasted another minute or two to save face, but then peaced out. I'm gonna have to put a band-aid on that one. Feel like a dick.

This right here is why Knight is top tier humor on the boards. The jokes, the storytelling, the timing, the execution. You can't teach some of these intangibles.

So how often does everyone here cry?

Family and friend deaths, including pets.

I got banged up on the football field in high school and shed a couple tears but nothing audible. Never cried over a girlfriend but if my wife ever left me I would cry. That's the extent of it for me.

Mako just reminded me that I also will occasionally tear up when seeing joy on faces of underprivileged children when receiving gifts around the holiday's.

Last edited:
I just realized that it has been over 3 years since I’ve cried. And it was for no real reason. Npr was running a story about a group collecting Christmas presents for underprivileged kids and I started snot bawling so hard I had to pull of on the side of the road for five minutes. I’m not 100 that’s demonstrative of solid emotional health.

I just realized that it has been over 3 years since I’ve cried. And it was for no real reason. Npr was running a story about a group collecting Christmas presents for underprivileged kids and I started snot bawling so hard I had to pull of on the side of the road for five minutes. I’m not 100 that’s demonstrative of solid emotional health.

You had just had a child. That shit REALLY fucks with your emotions.

Prior to having children, I cried maybe 3 times between age 16 and 28. Ain't got time for that shit.

After having children? Fuck me, I'll tear up if I catch a whiff of a fart that smells like a disadvantaged kid. I think I posted on the chat thread eons ago about trying to read the god damned velveteen rabbit to my son one night. Spoiler: I COULDN'T AND FUCK ME, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO FUCKING SAD BUT HAPPY BUT SAD? FUUUUUUCK

Yea IDK about this. ML's haven't been shot on the east coast since the late 1800's and its been like a hundred years ago or something since a population has been confirmed on the east coast.

If they are around i'd bet they'd be in the Adirondack mountains, not NC.

I know a guy that lives in Traphill (close to Stone Mountain) that claims to have captured one on a trail cam at his bait pile. He is a one upper that tells some really entertaining stories, so I'm 75% sure he is lying.

I know a guy that lives in Traphill (close to Stone Mountain) that claims to have captured one on a trail cam at his bait pile. He is a one upper that tells some really entertaining stories, so I'm 75% sure he is lying.

As someone that lives in this area, I can 100 percent guarantee that he is either mistaken or indeed lying. I probably know the guy, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back