• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read to our 3 month old boy every night before bed while he’s getting mom’s boob, and the other night we read Love You Forever for the first time. Tears flowed.

You complete me.

Also, let's get with bym and have you expose us to the RONA next week if you're up for it.

According to the health department I can reenter society without causing a danger on Tuesday. Well, as long as I don't penetrate anyone, I suppose.

if you get with knight, SOMEONE is getting penetrated.

I read to our 3 month old boy every night before bed while he’s getting mom’s boob, and the other night we read Love You Forever for the first time. Tears flowed.

As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

Kid's books'll get you, man. The mom calling her son and saying she doesn't have much time left is rough. But if that motherfucker only lives on the other side of town, why does she even have to call to get him to come visit? What a self-absorbed, unappreciative piece of shit that kid turned out to be.

I feel like I could probably write a pretty good emotionally manipulative kids book

any illustrators around here?

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Mods, fucking release the yoke on my shoulders. Allow a man to spread some rep again. Up the number or reset my counter or something. Fucks sake, people are dropping hot lava and they need fucking recognized.

I would buy the hell out of a Juice children's book where he just (figuratively) shits all over everything.

"Daddy, I don't want to read Mr. Juice's book again. He gives me the sads."

hardest cry I've had in years was last Christmas when we found out we had a baby to adopt. some tears when I first heard the news, bawling like crazy a little later when it really hit me.

This one made the 5yo cry the other night, because our fat, mongrel dog(the one that fell down the stairs last night) has to be at least 17 by now and we're trying to prepare her for his demise one day relatively soon. The 2yo didn't understand her tears, but we're pretty sure she's a sociopath anyway so it makes sense.

Kid's books'll get you, man. The mom calling her son and saying she doesn't have much time left is rough. But if that motherfucker only lives on the other side of town, why does she even have to call to get him to come visit? What a self-absorbed, unappreciative piece of shit that kid turned out to be.

What about the mom? She's sneaking into her adult aged son's house, crawling on the floor like a demon from the Ring movies, and lifting him up even though he's three times her size. What kind of weird shit is she into?

I would buy the hell out of a Juice children's book where he just (figuratively) shits all over everything.

gotta bring em down to build em back up

My serious answer is probably the birth of my son (4.5 now)
it's at least the last time I cried hard
I was a pile of shit for at least 20 minutes, maybe more, I don't really remember exactly
I couldn't work my phone or do the simplest task
I can't recall a time in my life when I was more emotional...not even close really
I was happy and love my daughter just as much, but by the time she came along I was more prepared for what was coming so I handled it a lot better.

What about the mom? She's sneaking into her adult aged son's house, crawling on the floor like a demon from the Ring movies, and lifting him up even though he's three times her size. What kind of weird shit is she into?

Dude obviously has some sort of substance abuse issue too, if she can pick him up without him even stirring. Family has some problems.

i think you have a legit bestselling book here. like "Go The Fuck to Sleep" bestselling. People always want to give new parents something that makes them laugh at their lives.

okay so it seemed like this CT is going a lot faster than usual, so I did some INVESTIGATIVE WORK.

This CT started on 9/15 and is 70% complete after 35 days - suggests a 50 day run.
Prior CT started on 7/1 and ended after 75 days.

So we're on a pace to cut almost a month off a CT.

But then I looked a little deeper, and the prior CT also reached 70% completion on 8/5 - 35 days. The next 10% took from 8/5-9/7 - a full 30 days.

#statistics #improcrastinating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back