• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be better than the Gap, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see some data on chat thread posts when mafia games are taking place/when they are not. Get to work.

My wife went through 18 hours of labor, got right to the very finish line before pushing was about to start, and my son's heartbeat dropped really low. We went from happy and healthy labor and delivery straight to someone yelling "emergency C section" and ten doctors in the room carting her away with fear in her eyes. In the eight minutes between then and them coming and giving me a gown to put on I was pacing that room with my hands on my head and trying not to hyperventilate. When I did finally get in the operating room, there were so many people in there and so much happening I had no idea what to do. Someone told me "he's out! He's right over here!" and I got to meet my beautiful son, wiggling around and perfectly calm. Bringing him over and putting him on his mom's chest and seeing that everything was ok, I know for sure I've ever cried harder and happier in my life.

Dude is legit smoking in front of me in the Covid testing line. Amazing.

My wife went through 18 hours of labor, got right to the very finish line before pushing was about to start, and my son's heartbeat dropped really low. We went from happy and healthy labor and delivery straight to someone yelling "emergency C section" and ten doctors in the room carting her away with fear in her eyes. In the eight minutes between then and them coming and giving me a gown to put on I was pacing that room with my hands on my head and trying not to hyperventilate. When I did finally get in the operating room, there were so many people in there and so much happening I had no idea what to do. Someone told me "he's out! He's right over here!" and I got to meet my beautiful son, wiggling around and perfectly calm. Bringing him over and putting him on his mom's chest and seeing that everything was ok, I know for sure I've ever cried harder and happier in my life.

Rock solid, my man.

maybe not in a particular order but it's wild to me that "daughter listens to baby sister heartbeat" is 4th on a list, below a middling Robin Williams flick

lol it wasn’t in order, and Awakenings is excellent

certainly better than nemesis. the fact they were also making jesus picard blunted it a bit

i cried when my wife was sprinting through labor #2 and screaming in pain b/c it was too fast for an epidural . i also remember getting splattered with birth goo and slipping on the floor while holding her left leg/knee. i had even asked the nurses if i was going to get a gown this time (babies 1 and two they said i "didn't need it")

I've been diligently wearing my mask, but fuck me if I don't take it off as much as possible when I'm outside. The FALL SMELL is so god damned radical.

I get fairly emotional every time I realize there's a new Pitbull song I haven't heard before

2and2 posts make me emotional because of how amazing they are. That dude haaaaaaates his fucking employees.

damn. Glad all is well with your wife and son.

We had a very similar experience. Never been as scared as those excruciating minutes standing in a hospital room alone after they lose the heartbeat and the room fills with doctors and nurses in moments then empties even quicker. Never felt as powerless as I did sitting between my wife and the doctors. Had to try to reassure her fear and questions ,from one ear, that everything would be fine while hearing, in great detail, what the doctors were doing and worried about with the other. Eventually we knew all would be well and I went with our son and the nurses to his check up leaving wife to the recovery room etc. They dropped me in the hospital room alone. At that point I lost it after having kept it together for what seemed an eternity. Took me an hour before I felt composed enough to call anyone to give the news. When I did I could only squeak out "they're both fine" before losing it again with her mom on the other end of the line trying to reassure me. A little misty in here thinking about it.

My wife had a tough time afterwards with entire situation. Keep an eye on her and be supportive. She saw a therapist short term to work through it.

And shit I'm getting emotional now that I just found out Pitbull had his own themed cruise, AFTER covid just destroyed the cruise industry.

[districtdeacon]what a pussy[/districtdeacon]

As someone that lives in this area, I can 100 percent guarantee that he is either mistaken or indeed lying. I probably know the guy, honestly.

Yeah. I'm from the Elkin area and I have spent a lot of time in the woods at and around Stone Mountain. I highly doubt it was anything other than a dog.

Going to pick up Steak and Shake for us tonight and I can't fucking wait. They have an underrated burger and fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back