• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xennial here who got participation trophies when I was real little in soccer. Who cared? No one looked at them as if you “won” something it was more just a souvenir. My kid now gets little medals for dance class and soccer? Who cares? I don’t go telling her she won something and she doesn’t even care.

“Participation trophy” is a non issue and is just more boomer humor. And if there are truly negative impacts to our generation because of it then it’s boomer fault anyway.

Ywah we knew they were dumb bullshit. Also my dad has a participation trophy from when he was a kid in the 60s

I both like and dislike the weekend days where I'm super productive in the morning, but then I have to backtrack around noon and shower and shave.

Ywah we knew they were dumb bullshit. Also my dad has a participation trophy from when he was a kid in the 60s

I don't know where your dad lived, but I was a kid in the 60s and never saw or heard of "participation trophies".

One rule my parents enforced that I hated as a kid, but appreciate now, was no video games. We had some computer games, but that was pretty regulated.

Forced us to be creative. We invented so many games.

To be fair, there were people who played video games and invented video games. They're doing quite well for themselves now.

Attended the Marine Ball this weekend, speaker was Marine General in charge of Strike Force NATO, by the end of his speech I was ready to run through a gosh darn brick wall. Met a young marine, 19 years old, whose mother was Egyptian, dad was Kenyan and he was born in Angola, and is now proudly serving the US, made me really happy. I also found out my wife is excellent at the electric slide. Only downside was that when I was eating a spring roll, the little piece of plaster where my tooth is supposed to be fell out, and I was left gap-toothed for the rest of the night, but since it was the Marine ball no one seemed to care.

One rule my parents enforced that I hated as a kid, but appreciate now, was no video games. We had some computer games, but that was pretty regulated.

Forced us to be creative. We invented so many games.

I enforce this at my house as far as console systems go. And for their iDevices, I have an app that controls screen time.

Watched Booksmart last night. Thought it was ok, a few good laughs. Great soundtrack though. Good use of this tune:

This is a fantastic post.

I don't know yet if I like Succession (I don't dislike it), but the music is fantastic.

perhaps not for the chat thread, but I am also working through Succession and am curious who people think is the least likable person on the show

but yes, the original score for the show is really good

perhaps not for the chat thread, but I am also working through Succession and am curious who people think is the least likable person on the show

but yes, the original score for the show is really good

Tom, because he is knowingly malicious and fake, due to his own insecurities. Logan is who he is because he scraped and clawed for his empire and doesn´t think anyone else deserves the fruits of his labor. Logan is not pretending to be someone else. Tom is a fawning sycophant who enjoys torturing other people, and chooses this persona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back