• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timecop1.jpg

It’s like if you went back to the 80s and told someone to come up with the truck of the future. Hell, Cybertruck is still probably the name it’d be given.

perfectly nails the blown out mics of awful HS sports; needs scratchy FM band overlay

I’m a sucker for videos of babies getting glasses and seeing their parents clearly for the first time. Instant tears.

I’m pro-Xennial. The internet divide is very real.

The first time I saw the Internet was in 9th grade. One of the teachers had Prodigy set up in his classroom and he could check baseball scores whenever he wanted. By my junior year at Wake, it was an every day thing and web browsers were available in the labs. There was a clear generational divide between our class and the classes a few years behind us who actively used the internet in high school and those behind them who basically grew up with it. I think Xennial is a very useful designation for those cohorts.

I’m pro-Xennial. The internet divide is very real.

The first time I saw the Internet was in 9th grade. One of the teachers had Prodigy set up in his classroom and he could check baseball scores whenever he wanted. By my junior year at Wake, it was an every day thing and web browsers were available in the labs. There was a clear generational divide between our class and the classes a few years behind us who actively used the internet in high school and those behind them who basically grew up with it. I think Xennial is a very useful designation for those cohorts.

if you've actually used a rotary phone and received a participation trophy.......you might be a xennial

Our childhood soccer coach would give trophies to the position group (usually defenders) who he thought played the best over the course of the season. Then he’d just say anyone else who thinks they deserve one, come on up. Then when we were old enough to play in a league with tournaments I was typically on good teams that won trophies. I felt adjacent to the participation trophy culture I guess.

Freshman year in hs we got 8th in the 4x8 at states, which gets you a medal. That felt a bit excessive. Got another one for fourth. Probably just gold, silver, bronze makes sense but idk, it’s apparently been that way for a lot longer than just the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back