• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Smithey Ironware cast iron a about 2 years ago and love it (https://smithey.com/collections/ironware). It's also a lot for a cast iron, but I like it so much better than my previous lodge. I use it all the time. I thing I'm going to get the dutch oven soon, but haven't decided if I really need it. We're just waiting on our new stove (that we've been waiting on since September) so it makes me want to get all new cookware stuff too.

What do you like about it more than your Lodge? I've put very little effort into keeping my Lodge seasoned, use it in the oven+stove all the time. I've taken it camping and cooked over a grill grate and right on top of coals. I love it. Do these different coatings just make it easier to keep seasoned?

I don't own a cat, but lived in a condo for a while that had a feral cat out in the alley and that thing kept the block clean -- it was great

the rats are part of that 3 billion

Turns out foxes might be the best solution:

so, I can buy a 4 quart Staub Cocotte for $100, which seems like a pretty good deal

What do you like about it more than your Lodge? I've put very little effort into keeping my Lodge seasoned, use it in the oven+stove all the time. I've taken it camping and cooked over a grill grate and right on top of coals. I love it. Do these different coatings just make it easier to keep seasoned?

I like the material better. It's a lot smoother and looks nicer. And, admittedly, I didn't take great care of the lodge. I've put a lot more effort into seasoning and maintaining this one properly so that it's always ready to go and never rusts. I'm not sure if it's the effort or materials, but never has there been a speck or odor of rust on this (or the rag I use to clean it) whereas no matter how clean the lodge looked it would always leave a rusty residue on the rag and smell metallic.

so, I can buy a 4 quart Staub Cocotte for $100, which seems like a pretty good deal

I like Staub stuff. Now that we got rid of our microwave last week, my Staub teapot it getting a lot more use than it did before since it was just easier to microwave water for tea.

There are a fuckton of rats in DC, and I think it would awesome to have a bunch of foxes running around my neighborhood. I'm on board.

I got a Smithey Ironware cast iron a about 2 years ago and love it (https://smithey.com/collections/ironware). It's also a lot for a cast iron, but I like it so much better than my previous lodge. I use it all the time. I thing I'm going to get the dutch oven soon, but haven't decided if I really need it. We're just waiting on our new stove (that we've been waiting on since September) so it makes me want to get all new cookware stuff too.

What is so much better about it than your lodge?

EDIT: sorry this was already answered

I love walking around Rodeo Drive and checking out all the $15,000 pants. This is the place Manafort spent like $500k on clothes.

you can get a nice custom suit for $1,500

no reason to buy one off the rack for that amount

i don't give a shit how comfortable the pants are, I will never spend that much cash on fucking PANTS. My ASS and DONG and a bunch of leg hair is all that's in play here. Fuck that.

Should I be ashamed to admit that I don't own a pair of pants that cost more than $70?

I love walking around Rodeo Drive and checking out all the $15,000 pants. This is the place Manafort spent like $500k on clothes.

In the mid-80s, Bijan was selling $300 cashmere socks which you really need on Socal. I wonder what they would cost now with inflation.

For a period of time, you needed an appointment to enter his store.

If you are going shop at Bijan, you should get custom luggage to put it in. I forget the name of the place, but they made it custom for you and the prices started at about $25,000. It was tiny store on Rodeo.

My go-to are 7 jeans which are like $200 normally but I usually can find them for like $120 since they are always running a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back