• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/os-xpm-2011-10-19-os-universal-dragon-challenge-20111018-story.html

Universal Orlando said this week it has decided to permanently end the practice of launching the two coasters simultaneously. The resort now bills the attraction as a "high-speed chase between two coasters."

That decision follows an internal investigation into two summer accidents in which riders were apparently struck by loose objects while aboard the attraction. One was gruesome: A 52-year-old Puerto Rico man suffered a lacerated right eye and ultimately had to have the eyeball removed, according to his lawyer.

What makes the incidents especially striking is that they are the first such publicly reported accidents aboard Dragon Challenge, which has been operating since Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park opened in 1999.

The ride was initially known as "Dueling Dragons" but was given a new, Harry Potter-themed overlay in 2010 when it was incorporated into the park's new Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Was hoping for more details, but there you go...

October 2011

I have read the chat thread and the election thread this morning, and it is my professional opinion that Brasky needs a hug.

Honestly I'm a good mood man. Had anniversary sushi last night, got a solid 6 hours of sleep for the first time in a while and its review/test week in my classes.

I just don't think people understand what happens if Trump refuses to leave office. America is over. The societal norms will quickly break down and hundreds of thousands will die. And the collaborators, like Guilianni and Graham, will never take another breathe without fear of them and their family being murdered. Rebellions, coups, etc. get nasty very quickly.

Oh and Christmas blows.

holy shit that is terrible. i'm not going to negrep you but damn do you deserve it.

Honestly I'm a good mood man. Had anniversary sushi last night, got a solid 6 hours of sleep for the first time in a while and its review/test week in my classes.

I just don't think people understand what happens if Trump refuses to leave office. America is over. The societal norms will quickly break down and hundreds of thousands will die. And the collaborators, like Guilianni and Graham, will never take another breathe without fear of them and their family being murdered. Rebellions, coups, etc. get nasty very quickly.

Oh and Christmas blows.

What I take from this is that six hours sleep is a lot for you. Damn, I’m an 8 hour man.

Also I think this Revolutions podcast series I’ve been listening to recently has not helped with my political outlook

Sorry guys, I should have been more forthcoming about the graphic nature of the article. I do genuinely think it’s a pretty interesting story though once you get past the shocking headline.

Was it safe? Social distancing, masks, etc.?

Disney and now Universal are pretty much the only places we go nowadays because we trust their COVID procedures. Any line for anything is marked every 6 feet. Plenty of signage about guidelines. No parades or fireworks that encourage people to bunch together. Outdoor dining options although both seem to have spaced indoor dining (Universal too close for my comfort). Plenty of hand sanitizer. At Universal, a team member squirts you before you get on a ride. At Disney, they sanitize rides at certain intervals.

Everyone wears a mask. Everyone. With no drama. At Universal, a 3 year old girl wasn’t wearing a mask. Her mom told the team member that her mask broke. The team member stopped the ride and grabbed some masks and told the parents to put a mask on their daughter. Strictly enforced with no drama.

I’ve seen people in MAGA hats wear masks. I’ve seen people wearing Trump 2020 bracelets wear masks. I saw someone wearing a blue line flag mask. I don’t know if these wear masks or social distance in their regular life. There have to be some who don’t. There’s a discussion to be had about why people who don’t follow guidelines will pay to go to theme parks that enforce them but won’t respect the government.

Pretty sure I have the rona. Getting tested tomorrow, but someone I was in contact with over the weekend tested positive on Monday and as of this morning I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Pretty sure I have the rona. Getting tested tomorrow, but someone I was in contact with over the weekend tested positive on Monday and as of this morning I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Sucks man. Feel better soon, but at least now you get to join the ogboards coolest posters club.

In cooler news, as of yesterday I have a grill for the first time since pandemic. I ran out of propane the day after the lockdown started, and then due to a mixture of pandemic, laziness and the fact that Home Depot was routinely out of propane, I never got it refilled. Then we replaced our back deck and in connection with that we ran a natural gas line to a new grill, and that was hooked up yesterday. Fired it up last night and it was awesome.

In cooler news, as of yesterday I have a grill for the first time since pandemic. I ran out of propane the day after the lockdown started, and then due to a mixture of pandemic, laziness and the fact that Home Depot was routinely out of propane, I never got it refilled. Then we replaced our back deck and in connection with that we ran a natural gas line to a new grill, and that was hooked up yesterday. Fired it up last night and it was awesome.

I ordered a Kamado Joe yesterday as deal of the day on Amazon. had been debating between it or a Big Green Egg. Now it'll supplement my gas grill, which I think will get the bulk of weeknight grilling. though since I'm now home most days I guess that point is moot.

My buddy debated KJ vs Egg for a while and ended up going with the KJ and loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back