• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, you're not necessarily just tipping them for the 30 seconds you interact with them, but for the 8+ hrs they're on their feet doing repetitive menial stuff and interacting with customers for shit pay from a shit boss.

What would Mr. Pink do?

broke: tipping for the 30 sec of emotional and physical labor
woke: tipping for 8 hrs of emotional and physical labor
bespoke: volunteering your time to help baristas unionize

I'm tipping a lot more now in the past few weeks because I know when it really gets cold I'll rarely go out unless I can be safely outside.

I'm tipping a lot more now in the past few weeks because I know when it really gets cold I'll rarely go out unless I can be safely outside.

I've been tipping more during the pandemic in general, just even moreso recently

Listen people, I worked fast food for a half a decade and none of y’all were having this discussion about us folk standing over a sweltering grill for 8 hours at a stretch.

Same, we get restaurant takeout very rarely and when we do I leave like a $10 or $15 tip on a pizza which is nuts in normal times.

In cooler news, as of yesterday I have a grill for the first time since pandemic. I ran out of propane the day after the lockdown started, and then due to a mixture of pandemic, laziness and the fact that Home Depot was routinely out of propane, I never got it refilled. Then we replaced our back deck and in connection with that we ran a natural gas line to a new grill, and that was hooked up yesterday. Fired it up last night and it was awesome.

We have the natural gas line running to our grill as well and I really like it. Can’t beat never running out of fuel and just being able to fire it up on demand.

We have the natural gas line running to our grill as well and I really like it. Can’t beat never running out of fuel and just being able to fire it up on demand.

yeah we had that growing up. too bad natural gas is hard to come by in the mountains here. most everything is electric.

Do you still have your sense of smell/taste?

Yeah, so far. Only symptom is feeling like a punching bag, but that's the same symptom that my friend had that prompted her to go get tested and she's rona'd up. I guess I'll know more in a few days once my test comes back.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I've run out of propane in the middle of cooking something too many times. And yeah, every time was my fault for poor planning, but now I just don't have to think about it.

McDonalds has an anti-tipping policy bruh, as do most major fast food chains. Also they aren't paying tipped minimum wage they're just paying minimum wage, or thereabouts. My preference would be eliminating tipping from our culture altogether and putting the burden of paying better wages on business owners and creating a better safety net for those on poverty line wages short of mandating a living wage. But til then, don't blame consumers for not tipping at fast food establishments.

So my take from this is that I should’ve grown a terrible mustache, gotten an ironic neck tattoo and pretended to read a David Foster Wallace novel and looked ironically detached while I fried your chicken. Got it.

I live in Western NC and this is what baristas look like in my mind.

i'm at a hipster coffee shop in real america right now and they're all talking about how minimum wage rhetoric will sway hard working americans away from the democratic party in 2024

thought you were facing felony charges for your robocalls in Michigan

i'm at a hipster coffee shop in real america right now and they're all talking about how minimum wage rhetoric will sway hard working americans away from the democratic party in 2024

it will because fox news or radio free trump or whatever will tell them it will and the far left will be mad at democrats for it

Finished The Stand yesterday. Before that, I'd read like 60 books this year. Since the birth of my son, I've read one. Granted, it's ~1150 pages, but still. Most nights I'm maybe able to get 15-20 pages in before exhaustion sets in.
It's probably my favorite Stephen King book, I've read it at least three times if not more

all i know is i intend to be grumpy no matter what

tenor.gif

yea my fav too, this was my second time through

just bought the first four he published under his pen name Richard Bachman (Rage, The Long Walk, Road Work, The Running Man)

wonder why they're so expensive, maybe shorter print runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back