• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Biff's Reign of Terror: Gloom & Doom !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the last 50 posts of the thread im just going to go back and start deleting posts to give people the effect of walking up a down escalator

I had a Withings fitness watch that was wack about sleep tracking. It was not a good device, as it turns out.
I was just doing research on their new smart scale that was FDA APPROVED (!!!) (Body Scan) and there was quite a bit of fluff from all the major outlets, but Redditors set me right (it's crap)

My son just turned 5 and for a couple of weeks now he won't shut up about how he wants a guitar.

I do not play the guitar.

I think I'm going to get him one of these Loog guitars, but I'm not sure if I should get the one for 3+ or the one for 6+.

Anyone here have any experience with kids learning to play guitar? Or Loog?

Biff won, I was just fucking around with the delete , I didn’t know if it would change the post numbers or not

I was just doing research on their new smart scale that was FDA APPROVED (!!!) (Body Scan) and there was quite a bit of fluff from all the major outlets, but Redditors set me right (it's crap)
I was stupid enough to go through two; though the second one was a warranty replacement for the first. The hassle to get that done should have tipped me off...

Get him some piano lessons if he wants to learn about music. Once the other kids at school beat him up a few times, get him a guitar.
My 7yo daughter just started piano lessons. We got a "free" piano (just had to get it here and then pay to have it tuned) to support that. My 5yo son loves to "play" the piano, but he doesn't want to do lessons. He's actually not terrible with the piano (he tries to play things instead of just banging on the keys). But he REALLY wants to start playing the guitar.

I'd rather he work on his baseball swing, but nobody gives a fuck what I think. Least of all my wife and kids.

My son just turned 5 and for a couple of weeks now he won't shut up about how he wants a guitar.

I think I'm going to get him one of these Loog guitars, but I'm not sure if I should get the one for 3+ or the one for 6+.

8yo got a guitar. Took lessons for a couple years. Decided she hates playing the guitar so now it sits in the basement.

But seriously, at that age, if he can learn to play a few chords in progression, that's a big win and a great base to build on if he really likes it.

My daughter took guitar and my son took drums at School of Rock during elementary school. They got it out of their system and quit after about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back