• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Biff's Reign of Terror: Gloom & Doom !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for a banjo one year in college. I started taking lessons after law school for about 3 months. I now have a banjo that has moved around the world but not been taken out if its the case in several years.

In middle school, my parents signed me up for drum lessons and rock band at the same time, so I showed up to rock band without ever having taken a drum lesson before. I later realized this was all done so I would stay at school for an extra couple of hours and they wouldn't have to pick me up until they got out of work.

Get him some piano lessons if he wants to learn about music. Once the other kids at school beat him up a few times, get him a guitar.
He actually got in trouble yesterday at preschool for headbutting a kid that wouldn't stop following him around the playground.

I was like, "dude, if you want to push someone, that's fine... but please don't use your head. that's just dumb."

He already has two big scars on his forehead... one from a fall on a hike and one from running into a door frame. Needs to protect his melon, not use it as a weapon.

I took piano lessons as a kid and never got into it. I picked up guitar as an adult and it filled a lot of time for awhile, but now the acoustic sits next to my bed like a houseplant or something.

@Kory now you can see the ct. Also, what has biff done that is so egregious to earn an ignore from a dude as cool as you?

This is where everyone will lament that they didn’t take piano lessons as a kid (me) or didn’t take them enough. Even though at the time no fucking chance I’d have done it
I played the Baritone until 8th grade. Not really an instrument you can bust out and wow someone with at a party.

I've got a friend who is a REALTOR, plays golf, does martial arts, and still plays trombone. Renaissance man.

I survived middle school trombone. I bet I could still play some simple stuff pretty well, but my mouth isn't conditioned for it.

I just can't.

giphy.gif

I tried the recorder out in 1st grade but it smelled gross. Also learned to play frere jacques on the piano at summer camp.

Yeah I have a few trumpets in the basement now, not the kind of thing you can just sit down and calmly fiddle with. Even if it was, no one’s requesting fucking reveille.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back