• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
as with most beef related things, hamburgers are overrated

I love burgers but beef is definitely the most overrated meat and I pretty much never order a steak unless I’m at a steakhouse which is rare (pun intended?). Cheaper cuts are way superior.

i liked the burger at au cheval a hell of a lot more than any shitty fast food burger, but when i went i had absolutely no expectations, just walked in and sat down and had a burger with a buddy from chicago who worked near the place

but i've made better burgers at home than i've had at cookout or in n out or any of these places. i've had better burgers at random diners or grilles. wtf are y'all even talking about?

i haven't had much red meat in a while but this is crazy talk

I feel this way about steak -- I can make a badass steak at home that I prefer to most restaurants. But I am always disappointed by the burgers I make at home. I don't think there is a better hunk of food on the planet than a delicious burger.

Chuck Eye steak is my new jam. May have already said that on here. It's literally one rib up on the cow from where the rib eye starts, and is regularly priced at $6.99 a lb, vs like $13.99 a lb. And they were BOGO this week. So I got two rib eye-lites (1.3 lbs total) for $5. Ridiculous. That meal for 2 will be less than $10, when it would cost $60+ at a decent steakhouse.

fast food is trash food

Yes. But I still eat the shit out of it. Convenience is just so strong in my life when I look at overall value.

Like Townie and others have said, none of the fast food options can compare to a home made burger done right (well done, extra katsup, pretzel bun).

(well done, extra katsup, pretzel bun).

200.webp

Yes. But I still eat the shit out of it. Convenience is just so strong in my life when I look at overall value.

Like Townie and others have said, none of the fast food options can compare to a home made burger done right (well done, extra katsup, pretzel bun).

Lol

I'm glad you appreciated it.

Medium with LTOPM. In my troll example, I think I did a reasonable job capturing the board's most hated things. I couldn't work in ranch doe.

Yeah. Ranch would have been too obvious. Over the top.

Everyone loves 80% fat

Haha jk I’m sure that’s delicious

I am frying up some tofu tonight with sesame oil and fish sauce and making some larb

I ordered Papa John’s because it’s 50% off the day after Clemson wins in football or basketball :/

I hardly ever eat fries, but when I do, you can bet I dip them shits in copious amounts of ranch.

ha I've been to that one. I was driving home one night from the beach and kept seeing Krystal on the exit signs. Hadn't had it since I was a kid and thought why not. Then I remembered why I hadn't been since I was a kid.

The summer after my senior year of high school, I worked in the young men's section at JC Penney in the mall in Dalton, GA. Just outside the mall was a Krystal. It was completely dead at the store and my manager had me make a Krystal run for us to eat at break. He gave me $5 for my lunch but the catch was, I had to eat as many Krystal burgers that would buy during our lunch break. Turns out, that was 12. I finished them off without too much trouble and went back out on the floor, but about 20-30 minutes later an audible growl/roar came from my abdominal region that my manager heard from about 10-15 feet away. I did the ol' butt-clench jog to the men's room and spent the next 10 minutes shitting out what seemed to consist of a 50 pound bag of diced onions and nothing else. Felt great after that, though. Damnedest thing.

I feel this way about steak -- I can make a badass steak at home that I prefer to most restaurants. But I am always disappointed by the burgers I make at home. I don't think there is a better hunk of food on the planet than a delicious burger.

I'm a sucker for lobster or prawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back