• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXIV: Mrs. Mako Foot Photos on Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
work-smart-not-hard-1.jpg

Juice I posted this on the last page of the old thread bc some crappy mod (cookout) didn’t lock it but interested in your answer since we’re in the same field.

Juice did you ever work public sector or did you go straight into private sector after grad school? How many hours a week did you average when you first started in the private sector?

Last edited:
I worked a non-profit job til I went back to grad school at age 28

started at my current job as an intern in graduate school

I have a very healthy work-life-boards balance -- rarely work over 40 hours a week

I never really considered -- or took the right classes -- to be a planner planner for a municipality

And I posted on the boards the entire time.

Y'all have known me since I was 18. Insane

I worked a non-profit job til I went back to grad school at age 28

started at my current job as an intern in graduate school

I have a very healthy work-life-boards balance -- rarely work over 40 hours a week

I never really considered -- or took the right classes -- to be a planner planner for a municipality

nice. i asked bc today was my first day working more than 9 hours (by 30 min lol) and i've got friends who went to kimley horn & other firms who are pulling 55+. the emphasis in public work on 40hrs and go home (& not taking your work home with you) was one of the biggest factors for me.

if i could've found a private sector job doing what i really wanted that wasn't working new employees to the bone, i probably would've went with it. seems like those jobs in this field are hard to come by & are extremely competitive when you find one

we talking, juice?

i consult a bit and really enjoy it, but haven't really ever had to recruit clients

Nice humble brag.

But yeah, same here.

nice. i asked bc today was my first day working more than 9 hours (by 30 min lol) and i've got friends who went to kimley horn & other firms who are pulling 55+. the emphasis in public work on 40hrs and go home (& not taking your work home with you) was one of the biggest factors for me.

if i could've found a private sector job doing what i really wanted that wasn't working new employees to the bone, i probably would've went with it. seems like those jobs in this field are hard to come by & are extremely competitive when you find one

funny you mention Kinley-Horn by name — it’s a company I know well

would defs hit up strick or Ph or others for advice if I ever seriously look into trying to make consulting happen

How many steps a day do you smart watch people average?

8407 so far in 2022.

Very few days in that range, though. During the week, it is closer to like 6000. On the weekends, it's closer to 15,000.

8407 so far in 2022.

Very few days in that range, though. During the week, it is closer to like 6000. On the weekends, it's closer to 15,000.

I would like to know how many steps per year I take walking to be basement to get something my wife left in her car.

I still need advice myself especially if I want to grow it into more than just a way to organize the side work I was already doing.

8407 so far in 2022.

You at a desk pretty much all day? I get almost that many steps walking to my classroom from the parking lot.

Man, the increase in nose hair is bad enough after 40 but once it starts graying it’s so much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back