• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXIV: Mrs. Mako Foot Photos on Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife and I started binging Sons of Anarchy last week. Any SAMCRO fans out there?

I don't really want anyone talking to me at the gym ever if I'm being honest. I don't really like turning off my music to converse.

The wife and I started binging Sons of Anarchy last week. Any SAMCRO fans out there?

Oldie, but a goodie.

In a similar vein, I started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix. Also old, and I'm enjoying it.

Do yourself a favor and pack up shop around season 5.

#context on my stupid 6k sq ft house comment from yesterday, because I'm feeling like a douche.

We did very well on the sale of our house near Buckhead in early '21 and moved like 30 minutes north of where we were. Got lucky in buying new construction in an area that is growing rapidly.

I was also doing well at work, even though I didn't enjoy my company culture.

Got let go at the beginning of '22 (literally the first day of the year). Started a new job doing the same thing (sales), but the pay is a lot lower as I ramp up from zero.

Used some of the equity we have in our new house to finish the basement, so I could have a more secluded office. Took sq ft from 4k to 6k.

So now we have a nice big house in the middle of nowhere and I have to drive just under an hour to get to the airport in order to fly around the southeast and beg people for money.

Oldie, but a goodie.

In a similar vein, I started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix. Also old, and I'm enjoying it.

Do yourself a favor and pack up shop around season 5.

I'll keep that in mind! We're in season 2 right now, 2 episodes left.

#context on my stupid 6k sq ft house comment from yesterday, because I'm feeling like a douche.

We did very well on the sale of our house near Buckhead in early '21 and moved like 30 minutes north of where we were. Got lucky in buying new construction in an area that is growing rapidly.

Got let go at the beginning of '22 (literally the first day of the year). Started a new job doing the same thing (sales), but the pay is a lot lower as I ramp up from zero.

Used some of the equity we have in our new house to finish the basement, so I could have a more secluded office. Took sq ft from 4k to 6k.

So now we have a nice big house in the middle of nowhere and I have to drive just under an hour to get to the airport in order to fly around the southeast and beg people for money.

Your finished basement is almost as big as my 4 bedroom, 3 bath 2400 sq ft house.

Bro, no reason to be ashamed of a house. You're on a Wake board.

Your finished basement is 2x the size of my 2br 2ba condo

Ooh, I'll pile on! My entire house could fit in the finished basement. Though to be fair, we are a small people and there are only three of us so we don't take up much room and the amount of energy it would take to heat a 6k sq ft house in VT would melt Antarctica.

Also, I HAAAAAATE having people over, so my hobbit home offers the perfect built-in excuse to not entertain.

I'm glad that when I drove 6 hours to run a Tough Mudder with you that you couldn't find room for me in your 6k square foot house so I ended up staying in a Tru by Hilton in the murderiest part of Atlanta.

apologies if the #vibes are off today. wore the same Wake polo and socks on Fridays during the season last year, wearing the polo today but could only find one of the socks in the laundry so will need to adjust for next week. although I'm going to the beach so doubt I will wear any socks.

i'm having trouble imagining how my entire living space could comfortably fit in the finished basement with 800 sqft to spare

I'm glad that when I drove 6 hours to run a Tough Mudder with you that you couldn't find room for me in your 6k square foot house so I ended up staying in a Tru by Hilton in the murderiest part of Atlanta.

You were given the option to stay with us.

I think the concern was your wife thought we might murder you. And then my wife thought you might murder our kids.

It'd be cool now, though. I think.

I could use more space for wine storage. We have a finished basement with a nice foosball table that doesn't get much use. My wife's solution: Also purchase an air hockey table that no one uses and takes up twice as much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back