• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure that UCONN game wasn't even on tv in Winston -- think I played paintball that day

BRO, they played it on the movie screen in Benson! What an atmosphere!

For Ole Miss, which I couldn't attend either, I brought a radio to the wake soccer game and blasted Stan from the Hill. People were very confused because wake football was not a priority back then for very many students

I remember some kids in a group in one of my classes (UNC undergrad) saw a pic of DF09 sitting front row at a game that season and all confronted me about it since they didn't know I was a twin.

DF09 and I got player-family tickets for a bunch of away games that season so always had legit seats.

Is there anyone on the boards as good at something as palma is at pinball?
Many people don't feel comfortable boasting in public. probably lots of wake grads are hella elite in obscure things

the FSU away game that year is a college highlight

Maryland weekend was a lot of fun too

BRO, they played it on the movie screen in Benson! What an atmosphere!

For Ole Miss, which I couldn't attend either, I brought a radio to the wake soccer game and blasted Stan from the Hill. People were very confused because wake football was not a priority back then for very many students

1e861355d484eb529569b45b514240f6.gif

if you get 60 random comm educators in a room i'm probably in the top 20 so i guess
One of the most intellectually painful things about being an academic is knowing precisely the identities of all the people in the world who are better than you at what you do best. Rather than comparing ourselves to peers in the workplace or region we can only ever know where we stand in a national or international field.

yeah...maybe under the name SDeacz or something?

Yeah. One time he posted a picture of him and his wife which retired the phase “outkicked his coverage.”

One of the most intellectually painful things about being an academic is knowing precisely the identities of all the people in the world who are better than you at what you do best. Rather than comparing ourselves to peers in the workplace or region we can only ever know where we stand in a national or international field.

Yeah. I tell my grad students not to compare themselves to other people and don’t be jealous. There will always be someone who is better at you at what you do well. If you do your thing, those same people will admire you for it. Even the stars of our fields can’t just cite themselves.

Retired the phrase?? Oof that’s harsh

Nah. She was gorgeous. That phrase became wholly inadequate after applying it to the greatest punter in Wake history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back