• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the opposite experience. I have the impression that there are far more inattentive drivers on the road now. No idea on causation/correlation on whether it is the pandemic driving rust, more glued to cell phone, or some other confounding factor.
Phones are def a huge issue I think. It’s insane seeing people like legitimately FaceTiming, emailing, texting, whatever while flying down the road.

transition from consoles with knobs to LCD screen console without any tactile engagement is one of the worst design movements in automobiles

its ugly and its dangerous as shit
yeah my Outback has a giant screen that's essentially replaced all buttons. the only buttons left are for turning up and down the temp. Dunno why there's not one to turn up or down the fan speed as the section of the screen is tiny and at the bottom.

The electric hummer weighs something like 9,000lbs. We’re going backwards.

Electric car motors become more efficient, so make electric cars cheaper and more quickly adoptable by the masses? Fuck no. Just make heavier, more luxurious electric suvs that cost more.

Electric car motors become more efficient, so make electric cars cheaper and more quickly adoptable by the masses? Fuck no. Just make heavier, more luxurious electric suvs that cost more.
someone said they're 200k so the target is the same bourgeois class that is just going to keep hitting the golf courses until climate change forces them to use astroturf and install shelters over every tee box

I used to give the bird if I drove past someone who cut me off or did some unsafe move, but now I don't want to get shot or have some other road rage thing happen to me

I used to love flipping people off but now I am also wary.

46638f18e14c91f2a3a2ed4ae676094a.jpg

YeYgQGC.png

life's coming attractions include 110F temperatures outside of death valley

someone said they're 200k so the target is the same bourgeois class that is just going to keep hitting the golf courses until climate change forces them to use astroturf and install shelters over every tee box
Bermuda does pretty well in warm temps.

When would y’all like to talk about abolishing parking requirements?

YeYgQGC.png

life's coming attractions include 110F temperatures outside of death valley

I know nothing about this particular venture, but I anticipate we'll continue to see a number of weird ideas on how to transform existing shopping malls and empty big box retailer locations into something that people might actually use.

aren't EV battery materials still sourced via pretty unsavory means?

I know nothing about this particular venture, but I anticipate we'll continue to see a number of weird ideas on how to transform existing shopping malls and empty big box retailer locations into something that people might actually use.
imagination is everything it is a preview of life's coming attractions

Probably because there’s some stuff for electric cars in the Inflation Reduction Act.

I doubt it is as specific as that, because that act was just a VERY stripped down version of Biden's hopes for an infrastructure bill and I doubt most people even know what is in it.

I think it's more about backlash against all things Green and those who push climate change as a near-term apocalyptic event.

Like everything else, people view complicated issues through the prism of whichever political party they are affiliated with and nothing ever gets done and everyone hates each other.

Politics suck and our two-party system has turned people into fans of one side or the other and incapable of actually thinking through issues for themselves.

The malls are the soon to be ghost towns, well so long, farewell, goodbye...

Dumb name aside, this group did an incredible job with the old outlet mall in Morrisville.

https://www.gensler.com/projects/the-stitch

When was the last time you walked to a mall?

That should tell you something about how you can't "save" them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back