• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXVI: Monetary policy (i'm not making this up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Miami would have actually been the good place to go. Cut across on I-4 or whatever, then head south.

No idea, she was there for a long weekend for a work trip

Wynwood is the trendy arts, shopping, restaurants area with good vibes. Lots of attractive people in their 20s and early 30s walking around.

I have no Miami recs but I do recommend reading Miami native Kent Russell who writes well about his hometown, specifically his collection of essays I Am Sorry to Think I Have Raised a Timid Son

sister of Karen Russell, who I have not read, but got much acclaim for Swamplandia

this Miami discussion also brings to mind the episode in Louie when he goes to Miami and befriends the much younger locals

I have no Miami recs but I do recommend reading Miami native Kent Russell who writes well about his hometown, specifically his collection of essays I Am Sorry to Think I Have Raised a Timid Son

sister of Karen Russell, who I have not read, but got much acclaim for Swamplandia

Is that the sequel or prequel to Portlandia ?

I’m already seeing people who were forced to evacuate from St. Pete and Clearwater and went in-land (Lakeland to Orlando) post regrets because they’re going to get pounded worse than if they’d stayed home.
Yeah my mom was at Disney World yesterday with my aunt and uncle and they left to drive to Atlanta. Was supposed to fly out on Friday to LA to go to Disneyland and a USC game but is now flying out to Vegas to stay with my sister a few days then drive with them to LA. Very glad they got out ahead of the storm and traffic.

I really dug Swamplandia

Here are the 10 counties in the U.S. with the highest STD rates and their number of cases per 100,000 residents.

1. Hinds County, MS: 2,253.2
  2. St. Louis City, MO: 2,122.6
  3. Richland County, SC: 1,939.4
  4. Norfolk City, VA: 1,932.9
  5. Richmond County, GA: 1,932.2
  6. Baltimore City, MD: 1,896.9
  7. Cumberland County, NC: 1,776.4
  8. Orleans Parish, LA: 1,741.4
  9. Milwaukee County, WI: 1,724.7
  10. Richmond City, VA: 1,724.6
Here are the 10 U.S. states with the highest STD rates and their number of cases per 100,000 residents.

1. Mississippi: 1,291.4
  2. Louisiana: 1,058.0
  3. South Carolina: 999.8
  4. Alaska: 990.8
  5. North Carolina: 898.3
  6. Alabama: 857.2
  7. Oklahoma: 842.9
  8. Tennessee: 836.6
  9. Georgia: 826.9
  10. New Mexico: 818.4

After this summer we will have been to Florida 3 summers in a row. After Disney we're crashing a couple days in the village.

My daughter would like Wynwood. My son would be despondent in such a place.

@TownieDeac I totally forgot you were reading Carl Hiaasen, now it makes sense. Yes absolutely go to the keys and stay in some of the off the beaten path places.

My daughter would also spend every cent she ever earned in 30 minutes and start begging her mom to buy her something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back