• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXVI: Monetary policy (i'm not making this up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good friend just purchased a really expensive condo in New Smyrna Beach. He's going to ride the storm out. I told him he's an idiot, but he is a determined idiot.

I had to ride out a hurricane in Ocean City Md years ago - it wasn't any fun. The constant roar of the wind might have been the worst part. Cars that were exposed near the beach had one side of paint completely sandblasted off.
New Smyrna beach is the shark attack capitol of the world. So many bulls off of that coastline.

my wife reeeeeeally likes miami

key west is an option too, but much more expensive accommodations
You want a real hot take, take the family to Sarasota instead. Lido Key, St. Armand's circle, etc. Shorter drive, cheaper accommodations, its not like you will be doing pool parties are the like in Miami anyway. Also if you want to splurge there is a Ritz with a resort feel.

My wife made breakfast for dinner last night and for some reason decided to cook real bacon and since my system hasn't had pork fat in ages I'm in the same boat as DDD right now.
We did breakfast for dinner Sunday. I tried the Morningstar Farms breakfast patties. Not bad!

You want a real hot take, take the family to Sarasota instead. Lido Key, St. Armand's circle, etc. Shorter drive, cheaper accommodations, its not like you will be doing pool parties are the like in Miami anyway. Also if you want to splurge there is a Ritz with a resort feel.
more of a Four Seasons family tbh

disappointed generally that there have been ZERO miami recs

you people

that's cool, my stepdad is just gonna wait it out in the trailer in cape coral

Townie, what does your wife like about Miami?

There’s the typical stuff to do with kids. Zoo, children’s museum, Seaquarium, science museum.

There are plenty of good restaurants. They have two Salt & Straws now.

But I wouldn’t go there if my wife wasn’t from there. She wouldn’t go there if she wasn’t from there.

Think she liked the food and shopping and art and general vibes

Also assuming my mom’s home isn’t destroyed by this hurricane we could theoretically drop the kid off with her and get a couple days to ourselves in Miami

Have you considered the cost though, 'Cause you gotta have cheese for the summerhouse piece on South Beach

I’m already seeing people who were forced to evacuate from St. Pete and Clearwater and went in-land (Lakeland to Orlando) post regrets because they’re going to get pounded worse than if they’d stayed home.

never been to Cape Coral, but looking at pictures of it, it's clearly about to be fucked. Crazy looking at this gif and thinking close to 200,000 people live there

Yeah it’s the classic, the area was designed to weather storms by the very nature of how it existed, barrier, marshlands, mangroves etc…. Let’s clear the marsh and develop it what could go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back