• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cast iron just seems like fine china to me. I will never really need it and it’s too valuable and fragile for me to be fucking around with.

Cast iron just seems like fine china to me. I will never really need it and it’s too valuable and fragile for me to be fucking around with.

It’s nearly indestructible and costs about $30 for a brand new lodge but other than that you’re pretty close.

I have a glass cooktop so I pretty much never use a cast iron pan. Enameled cast iron Dutch oven is a different story though.

i rarely use my cast iron now that i have a good carbon steel

also bought a tramontino 12" nonstick for like maybe $40 that i like a lot more than my calphalons, which seem to wear down pretty quickly (5 years of every day use)

I have a glass cooktop so I pretty much never use a cast iron pan. Enameled cast iron Dutch oven is a different story though.

yeah we have a glass stovetop so I gotta be real careful when getting out the cast iron skillet. I got a Baking Steel last year and wanted to do the one that has a griddle on one side but it is a no-go with glass stovetop.

We had a Calphalon that lasted about 5 years, but replaced it with a Made-In non-stick and hoo boy definitely worth it so far (about 1 year into ownership now). Expensive AF but rock solid.

We also recently got an Always Our Place pan and it's fine, but completely overhyped. Needs lots of oil for things not to stick, and that point I'd rather be cooking directly on stainless steel or cast iron so if I need to I can scrub the shit out of it.

I've been really happy with my Made In pans. The only one that I find pretty useless is the blue carbon steel pan. I pretty much never use it and will either use my cast iron or stainless instead.

Brasky, just a heads up that any kids with peanut allergies won’t be able to eat the Chick-Fil-A nuggets because they’re cooked in peanut oil.

I've been really happy with my Made In pans. The only one that I find pretty useless is the blue carbon steel pan. I pretty much never use it and will either use my cast iron or stainless instead.

haha i only have their blue carbon steel and i use it for like 90% of the things i use pans for. don't think i've done anything other than rinse and wipe for cleaning it in months.

Brasky, just a heads up that any kids with peanut allergies won’t be able to eat the Chick-Fil-A nuggets because they’re cooked in peanut oil.

Their moms will bring their own food anyway.

I don't understand

yeah, really. literally the opposite of fragile.

also, non stick pans are not great health wise when they start to break down, so you'll need to replace them (or should, anyway). and you're double fucked if you buy nicer, thicker coated pans from Al Clad or whatever

i think there's a slight misconception about seasoning. it's not "you leave food burnt on the pan and never clean it"

Hopefully their parents will not allow them to eat it. But will serve it seperately from everything else.

I don't understand

Its more to do with the dish washing element. I'm an industrial dish washer and laundry man, I crank both out at a good pace. I can't be bothered with finesse clothing or dishware. If your shit has special cleaning instructions, I can't be bothered.

Hopefully their parents will not allow them to eat it. But will serve it seperately from everything else.

Its more to do with the dish washing element. I'm an industrial dish washer and laundry man, I crank both out at a good pace. I can't be bothered with finesse clothing or dishware. If your shit has special cleaning instructions, I can't be bothered.

put in hot water, scrub with sponge, dry

If I had to cook for 30-40 people my only option would be to throw 3 or 4 pork shoulders on the smoker. Anything else would be more effort than I’d be willing to put forth.

I did pork shoulders, ribs, Turkey breasts and then beans, Mac and cheese, a salad, and some sort of vegetable.

We have calphalon non stick we got for our wedding that is our every day cookware. It’s pretty great.

But we also only have silicon cookware.

A few years back we bought my parents nice non stick because there stuff was trash and made them throw out their metal spatulas.

Last week when we were there my dad was using a knife to cut the chicken in the pot while it was on the stove.

I honestly don’t understand their kitchen. It’s so nice and all of their cookware and cutlery is just terrible. You can see the nicks in their cutting knives but my mom is too scared to sharpen them because then she might cut herself.

I got some Made In baking sheets. Fucking amazing quality.

We have calphalon non stick we got for our wedding that is our every day cookware. It’s pretty great.

But we also only have silicon cookware.

A few years back we bought my parents nice non stick because there stuff was trash and made them throw out their metal spatulas.

Last week when we were there my dad was using a knife to cut the chicken in the pot while it was on the stove.

I honestly don’t understand their kitchen. It’s so nice and all of their cookware and cutlery is just terrible. You can see the nicks in their cutting knives but my mom is too scared to sharpen them because then she might cut herself.

i bought my dad a nice chef's knife for his birthday last year and he says he uses it maybe twice a year bc he's afraid of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back