• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pumped to get my old boxed up legos from my parents for my son in the next couple of years here (he's still only 2 so regular legos just a bit too small)

we got our son some Duplos for his 1st bday in Dec, but just recently busted them out. he is sorta into them but I think by the time he's 2 he'll really be into them. my aunt got him just a general set which is what we've been using, not the actual themed things we got him (a Toy Story train and an airport).

My girls are just about to the age where legos could be a thing for them to get into. But we recently got a plastic eating dog that presumably will live another 10 years or so if her overindulgence doesn’t kill her. So my lego inheritance will likely pass to their cousins.

The only time I’m actually concerned about cutting myself with kitchen knives is the one time a year we rent a beach house and I use their dull ass knives to try and cut things like onions, which might as well be wet bars of soap to dull knives.

Next year I might get extra pretentious and get a knife roll to bring my knives with me.

The last time we rented a cabin I brought my knives and cutting board with us.

I just rolled them in a towel. Well worth the effort.

The seven different opinions on how to clean a cast iron is why I will never buy one.

Soap and water or GTFO

We use cast iron all the time and think it's great.

Once it's seasoned, just clean with hot water/sponge and dry with a paper towel.

I am pumped to get my old boxed up legos from my parents for my son in the next couple of years here (he's still only 2 so regular legos just a bit too small)

the fuck you will, half of those belong to me

two-angry-brothers-fighting-eachother-picture-id185922048

did you each have your own sets or did they just buy them generically for the both of you?

the latter, had to share pretty much everything as a twin (usually not a problem).. we were also the type of kids that built a set once but then eventually everything went into giant boxes and all the sets got mixed up because it was more fun to just build things from scratch.. so that's what i imagine is left now with no good way to split up or differentiate sets

I mean they sent one and only one kid to Wake. It should be clear who the afterthought was.

ha, probably re-hashing this, but i could have gone too, we just wanted to do separate schools for the first time in our lives

i got to go to wake eventually, it all works out in the end :thumbsup:

the latter, had to share pretty much everything as a twin (usually not a problem).. we were also the type of kids that built a set once but then eventually everything went into giant boxes and all the sets got mixed up because it was more fun to just build things from scratch.. so that's what i imagine is left now with no good way to split up or differentiate sets

Isn’t that how every lego set ends up though. I think even my prized black knights castle which I tried to keep separate for years eventually met its fate in the bin.

Did y’all dress the same too? I knew some twins that legitimately dressed identically all the way through high school. Was very weird.

Did y’all dress the same too? I knew some twins that legitimately dressed identically all the way through high school. Was very weird.

lol not past the age of 5. IDK why a twin would want to emphasize their "twin-ness" anymore than it already is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back