• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have a nice pillow they like? wife and i decided to gift each other new pillows for our anniversary this year. i had no idea they could be so $$$$.

drizzle a slight amount of oil on it, wipe it on with a paper towel, then put it in the oven while it cools. takes about 2 min of effort.

we have a Scanpan that I have really enjoyed. Probably the only Danish product I can think of that i own. Except maybe a danish.

my kids have a shit ton of legos but don't play with them anymore. I need to box that shit up and put it in the attic for grandkids.

does anyone have a nice pillow they like? wife and i decided to gift each other new pillows for our anniversary this year. i had no idea they could be so $$$$.

our tempurpedic (sp?) pillows are fantastic. We take them with us when we go on any overnight trip by car because we are now spoiled.

drizzle a slight amount of oil on it, wipe it on with a paper towel, then put it in the oven while it cools. takes about 2 min of effort.

we have a Scanpan that I have really enjoyed. Probably the only Danish product I can think of that i own. Except maybe a danish.

I got a La Creuset as a gift once and it was one of those pans with ridges on it. I loved the thing, but it was a giant pain in the ass.

yeah i don't enjoy cookware with grooves as they are a pain to clean. My Le Creuset dutch oven is great though - i use it all the time.

Also picked up a Weber Spirit grill last week and really liked that. huge improvement over my old grill, which was in pretty rough shape.

The only time I’m actually concerned about cutting myself with kitchen knives is the one time a year we rent a beach house and I use their dull ass knives to try and cut things like onions, which might as well be wet bars of soap to dull knives.

Next year I might get extra pretentious and get a knife roll to bring my knives with me.

yeah i don't enjoy cookware with grooves as they are a pain to clean. My Le Creuset dutch oven is great though - i use it all the time.

Also picked up a Weber Spirit grill last week and really liked that. huge improvement over my old grill, which was in pretty rough shape.

Back when I bought my first house 11 years ago I spent the extra money to get a Weber spirit over a Lowe’s/HD cheapo grill because I knew it’d last a long time if taken care of properly. Still works great, the igniter corroded out forever ago but that was stupid anyway. Only have had to replace the flavorizer bars

i'd probably avoid this as well. it'll keep it from rusting but OO can go rancid if it doesnt polymerize during that cooling period

you really want to apply a tiny bit of [vegetable] oil, buff it pretty well then toss it in the oven for like 20-30 min at high temp

not every time, maybe a couple times a year once it's seasoned

my kids have a shit ton of legos but don't play with them anymore. I need to box that shit up and put it in the attic for grandkids.

I am pumped to get my old boxed up legos from my parents for my son in the next couple of years here (he's still only 2 so regular legos just a bit too small)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back