• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are zero rental cars available at the Richmond Airport, so I will be trying my luck with Uber in a city that has never been very good with Uber driver density.

Looking forward to submitting obscenely high Uber receipts on my expense report. Those always get some fun pushback, as if I had a choice.

I dig pretentious millenial shit like breweries everywhere and dislike pretentious millenial shit I don't like like overly complicated pizza.

i mean, it's not complicated - it's just pizza but not as good

Hey Diggler, this is HAPPENNING NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E6LS3xlWUA0AvhI

i don't trust my son to do that.

Headed up to Richmond, VA this afternoon for my first work travel since mid-March 2020.

Used to fly somewhere once or twice a week... Was just part of my routine. Tried to pack last night and had no fucking clue what I was doing. Do I pack a suit? Do people even wear suits anymore?

even going to the office is throwing me off. I'm used to getting shit done around the house while I'm on conference calls, so being at the office feels like i'm not getting things done that i should

Nah, stretchy Vuori stuff is the new business casual.

Hate to agree with Biff, but Vuori stuff is worth it. When not in Vuori I live in lulu shorts and Tommy John boxers, my whole wardrobe is going through a transformation. Probably thrown away half my older underwear in the last month.

Also buying furniture for twins sucks. All you people got to use your first kids stuff with your second kids, not twin parents.

p happy to be in a casual workspace now. jeans every day, can wear t-shirts if I like. They let me get a bunch of branded stuff from the gift shop when I started, and might get some more later on with employee discount.

Hate to agree with Biff, but Vuori stuff is worth it. When not in Vuori I live in lulu shorts and Tommy John boxers, my whole wardrobe is going through a transformation. Probably thrown away half my older underwear in the last month.

Also buying furniture for twins sucks. All you people got to use your first kids stuff with your second kids, not twin parents.

Yeah but now I’m dealing with a sleep regressing toddler that can open doors that screams the entire way to daycare while also preparing for a newborn.

Yeah I got a pair of Vuori joggers recently and they are legit. Haven’t branched out to any of their other items yet though.

My wife has 2x a month leadership training and I regularly overhear it since we’re both WFH and the guy who leads it is the corniest person who has ever existed, I’m convinced. I’ve never been more embarrassed for another human in my life. I know that to some degree you have to be shameless or unselfconscious to do trainings for big groups but I don’t think this guy has an internal monologue at all. He’s like if Tony Robbins only spoke in dad jokes.

Yeah but now I’m dealing with a sleep regressing toddler that can open doors that screams the entire way to daycare while also preparing for a newborn.

If it makes you feel better (because our youngest is the exact same age as your oldest), we just put that little shit in a tent in his crib to keep him from climbing out and also have plastic door handle covers so he can't leave the room (as a backup to the tent).

We're starting serious potty training in 2 weeks, which means the tent (and crib) will have to go and the chaos of him just getting out of bed whenever he wants to terrorize everyone else will resume.

p happy to be in a casual workspace now. jeans every day, can wear t-shirts if I like. They let me get a bunch of branded stuff from the gift shop when I started, and might get some more later on with employee discount.

Load Up Barca !

1e822dc54b003bb66aa00ffbadd33579.jpg

We are supposed to be going back to work soon and I’m thrilled about it but similarly am unsure how to function in the post pandemic world. It makes me think of the scene in Step Brothers where he says “what do you do if there’s inclement weather”.

I don't get Palma's uber complaints, I took uber everywhere this weekend in Atlanta and it was as cheap and available as ever. I guess people are still poor and looking to be exploited in the South. All those people fleeing California to become southern Uber drivers.

what age is your toddler? haven't gotten to the sleep regression stage, but he is starting to be clingy when handing him off at daycare.

I don't get Palma's uber complaints, I took uber everywhere this weekend in Atlanta and it was as cheap and available as ever. I guess people are still poor and looking to be exploited in the South. All those people fleeing California to become southern Uber drivers.

seems like 60-70% of plama's complaints are unique to him

Has Forbes started recruiting Baron Trump yet? If not, he needs to get on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back