• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going to sit on the beach and by the pool at Kiawah next week and light bills on fire just to maximize the experience

I've never actually looked into it

what is the price range for a week at these places for two people?

I guess when you live by the beach year round you don't think as much of beach-centric vacations

True, because you have the benefits of the beach available 24/7/365. Any day can be a vacation. It can also be home. The best decision of my life was to live on the coast near a city with it's own personality.

Last edited:
My parents are doing a trip to Belize later this year for their anniversary where you spend half the time in the rain forest and half on the coast. Seems like a good way to mix it up. They are sister resorts so all of the travel is handled.

I've never actually looked into it

what is the price range for a week at these places for two people?

Obviously, it depends, but about $1,000 a night all-in, depending on your room preference, plus airfare. That $1,000 includes either an all-inclusive rate or just what it takes to get a nice room and pay for everything a la carte. YMMV.

anyone ever stayed at Ladera in St. Lucia? Looking at a trip there next Feb/March for Mrs Diggler and myself. NO KIDS.

We’re taking the kids, who will be 4 and 7 by that time, on a month long trip out West next summer where we will be camping about half the time. My parents are also going along. I’m super jacked about it, as my kids are great campers and hikers, but I’m a little concerned that my wife my murk someone on the way out there. Long car rides are not her forte.

anyone ever stayed at Ladera in St. Lucia? Looking at a trip there next Feb/March for Mrs Diggler and myself. NO KIDS.

Didn’t stay there, but I loved St. Lucia.

Stayed at a Sandals. On my honeymoon. Flame away.

We’re taking the kids, who will be 4 and 7 by that time, on a month long trip out West next summer where we will be camping about half the time. My parents are also going along. I’m super jacked about it, as my kids are great campers and hikers, but I’m a little concerned that my wife my murk someone on the way out there. Long car rides are not her forte.

this doesn’t remotely sound like a vacation to me

I planned a 9-day vacation to Oregon, where I have never been, and it pretty much wore me out. It was like extra work. We've got some seriously good vineyards lined up though.

Crater lake national park is among the most beautiful places I have ever been.

This board’s obsession with BiffTannen is endearing, yet disturbing.

did you enjoy it

Yes, but it was long before the board turned me into a hopeless cynic.

My wife and I both dive, so Sandals was a good fit for us. We also spent a lot of time off the resort hiking and what not, and spent a lot of time sailing and waterskiing on the resort. We also spent a lot of time drinking on the beach, so it was perfect for a honeymoon.

Holy crap. This Mollie Tibbets sentencing just went really sideways. You might remember she was the Iowa State student out for a run who was allegedly murdered by an undocumented Mexican in 2018 (not the golfer). Defendant was convicted of first degree murder but said he had been kidnapped by two men in masks to bury her body. Two unrelated people have come forward after that testimony to corroborate that story, as heard in a confession from another guy, who was running a sex trafficking trap house nearby.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/crist...bbetts-case-due-to-info-on-potential-suspects

If I were to disclose where I am taking my wife and 3 kids next week for "vacation" you people would absolutely massacre me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back