• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know what ever happened to that Leslie Jones person ?

Can’t say I really miss her.

Coincidentally as my wife is watching anime and I'm trying to watch anything but anime I went down a SNL on youtube rabbit hole, and the 4:25 mark just absolutely killed me

Diggler can you explain the crossword theme today? I finished the puzzle and have no idea what the three long clues meant and how they related to 48A

Put “FILL” wherever the blank is. So “Land____” becomes Landfill - which is the clue for DISPOSALAREA. Ifill is a NEWSCASTER.

Bring on the negreps, cretins

Ohhh. Thanks for the explanation. I was baffled.

Also pretty crazy that MULTIPLECHOICE and FILLINTHEBLANK have the same number of letters. That slowed me down on my first pass.

Ohhh. Thanks for the explanation. I was baffled.

Also pretty crazy that MULTIPLECHOICE and FILLINTHEBLANK have the same number of letters. That slowed me down on my first pass.

Same I thought I was missing something and got the puzzle from brute force rather than getting the gist of the clue. Not very satisfying that way.

had to take my 10.5 month old to get blood drawn this morning, and it took them like 45 min to fill three vials of blood

he just wailed the whole time

shitty start to the day

ugh that sucks. had to take my daughter to the allergist for the battery of pricks around that age. nothing you can do and you can't communicate a reason for their pain

I want to die when my dog is in pain and looking at me for help when nothing can be done - can't imagine what it's like with a child. oof.

had to take my 10.5 month old to get blood drawn this morning, and it took them like 45 min to fill three vials of blood

he just wailed the whole time

shitty start to the day

Dude, when it's going down, how fucking shitty is that feeling inside of you?

Like, when my kids are in pain I'm so fucking on edge.

was just sweating, the body response is so visceral, like you know he's fine, but your body is telling you FIGHT OR FLIGHT GET WITH IT YOU IDIOT

was just sweating, the body response is so visceral, like you know he's fine, but your body is telling you FIGHT OR FLIGHT GET WITH IT YOU IDIOT

Yeah man. Visceral is the right word.

Over the years, I've coped with it in different ways - but I'm straight up fighting against Pavlov-ing away from the potential experiences. Like, there are times where I need to remind myself like, "Yes, I actually need to take this kid to the doctor, even though I know what experience that entails."

My wife isn't great at coping with it; she's sort of developed a learned forgetfulness where she'll blank out on appointments or whatever.

I may not be allowed back to the hospital after my interaction with a tech the first night we were there.

Baby Girl had just fallen asleep and my wife had a total of 1.5 hours of sleep in 36 hours which included the delivery.

I told the tech that we would not be waking the baby up for a vitals check and she could come back after everybody had some time to sleep.

On the flip side I used to mess with this annoying neighbor kid and now he's in HS and like a good wrestler and I'd like to think it came from toughening up from all the times I made that squirt cry from like throwing his stuff in the pool.

I may not be allowed back to the hospital after my interaction with a tech the first night we were there.

Baby Girl had just fallen asleep and my wife had a total of 1.5 hours of sleep in 36 hours which included the delivery.

I told the tech that we would not be waking the baby up for a vitals check and she could come back after everybody had some time to sleep.

That was the interaction you think would get you banned from the hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back