• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep it around and take a quick break every 10-15 mins. I've got plenty of walls/porches/steps/chairs/whatever that are perfect for beer placement. I usually hammer two coldies in the 45-60 mins it takes to mow and clean up.

As a married man and father, I don't pass up opportunities to drink outside in peace. I just can't justify not mowing this morning while my MIL watches our son.

Push mowing my lawn is both good exercise and probably the most cathartic experience in my current life.

We have a yard service. It’s $150 a month for them to take care of everything. That includes planting up to a certain number of flowers and spreading mulch. We just buy the mulch at cost. Best money I spend every month.

I proposed this kid mowing idea to my wife and asked if she thought it was dangerous…she said “are you kidding, she gallops around the fields on an 1100 pound animal and jumps over 3foot fences, it’s probably safer to mow.”

Now I finally get why Mako's mom jokes are funny.

The_More_You_Know_0-0_screenshot.png

I’m surprised at the amount of folks on my street that have yard services for their somewhat tiny yards. I don’t find it a big deal to mow for 20 mins every week. Guess im a micro old.

Officially a girl dad. Baby Girl born at 2:07 AM. Mom and baby doing great.

The whole “no visitors” because of Covid thing is kind of nice.

Congrats!

Sorry we weren't at the hospital with you this time, but we decided to stop at 3 kids.

We have a yard service. It’s $150 a month for them to take care of everything. That includes planting up to a certain number of flowers and spreading mulch. We just buy the mulch at cost. Best money I spend every month.

We've got 5 acres, 4 are horse pasture plus a .5 acre riding ring with grass, and We have tons of fencing to keep the horses contained. I think a mowing/yard service would cost us a shit ton of money. In theory, the horses are supposed to eat the grass, but they can develop major problems if they get too fat or their diet is too sugary from the grass seed heads, so we mow, a lot.

Push mowing my lawn is both good exercise and probably the most cathartic experience in my current life.

My neighbor says the exact same thing, except he's not in very good shape.

I pay to have my yard mowed. When it was 97 yesterday, I felt pretty good about that decision.

Love doing yard work because it gets my outside and gives me time to just think (without my wife and asshole kids bothering me). I have a hill I have to use a string trimmer on every 6 weeks or so in the summer and that's one of my favorite things.

Trying to find the post where cav had his beeb so I can quote it and congrats, but can't find it .... so hey, cav, congrats on the newest little!

Lawn maintenance! I can get on board with this convo (again... feel like the cycles of repetitive conversations are getting shorter).
We've got a small yard (1/3 acre) with a lot of landscaping. The mowing isn't hard, and our piddly electric mower can handle it fine. It doesn't bother me to do that at all.
The trimming of holly, rhododendron, camellias, and other massive bushes and mulch spreading, though? I think next year we're going to just throw money at someone to take care of that for us, and then we can maintain it the rest of the summer. It's more than our yard bins can handle in one week and it just drags it out so long.

13yr old has been offered multiple times to get paid for mowing. Homeboy talks about wanting more money, but isn't taking the easy bait. Whatever, he does the dishes every night. I'd rather mow than do dishes any day so that works for me.

I actually like the mulch spreading as well. Twice a year, 6 or 8 yds each time although than can probably start reducing somewhat. When we moved in here it was like bare dirt so to get the backyard and beds in shape it took mountains of mulch.

Lawn maintenance! I can get on board with this convo (again... feel like the cycles of repetitive conversations are getting shorter).
We've got a small yard (1/3 acre) with a lot of landscaping. The mowing isn't hard, and our piddly electric mower can handle it fine. It doesn't bother me to do that at all.
The trimming of holly, rhododendron, camellias, and other massive bushes and mulch spreading, though? I think next year we're going to just throw money at someone to take care of that for us, and then we can maintain it the rest of the summer. It's more than our yard bins can handle in one week and it just drags it out so long.

13yr old has been offered multiple times to get paid for mowing. Homeboy talks about wanting more money, but isn't taking the easy bait. Whatever, he does the dishes every night. I'd rather mow than do dishes any day so that works for me.

I actually like doing dishes and mowing the yard. Both are similarly cathartic and can be done while listening to a podcast. And drinking beers, if the timing is right.

I also don’t mind laundry. I’d make a great 1950’s housewife.

very much enjoyed watching a blue heron in the pond behind my house today. just kinda stalking and eventually gobbling up some prey. thank u birdman.

About the only yard work i dislike is bush trimming so at least my wife likes that part. itchy and allergic scrapes from the bushes plus no matter how much i take off it looks like nothings changed. I have a bad history with hedge trimmers and fingers too.

Also edging is stupid because the weed eater cartridges are as expensive as the entire tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back