• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, when it's going down, how fucking shitty is that feeling inside of you?

Like, when my kids are in pain I'm so fucking on edge.

I blame everyone else around me.

I love my pediatrician and every nurse and assistant there. But last time we went and they were giving her shots and sticking shit up her nose and whatnot, I was determined that I was going to burn their practice to the ground and that they all worshiped Satan and wanted to cause my family immense pain.

On the flip side I used to mess with this annoying neighbor kid and now he's in HS and like a good wrestler and I'd like to think it came from toughening up from all the times I made that squirt cry from like throwing his stuff in the pool.

You're a molder of men

That was the interaction you think would get you banned from the hospital?

She was a massive asshole about it and kept going back and forth with me on it. Finally she checked with the nurse who was like “Yeah. Obviously we can do that.”

Coincidentally as my wife is watching anime and I'm trying to watch anything but anime I went down a SNL on youtube rabbit hole, and the 4:25 mark just absolutely killed me

made me think of this.

vin-diesel-family-meme-olive-garden.jpg

Last edited:
I'm way behind on chat.

I have a 529 for each of my children.

Can’t remember if I already answered…but I set them up early for our two and thought I’d funded them pretty well. Definitely got a good chunk of tax free earnings out in the end.

Alas, because it’s what they really wanted and because we were able, we ended up sending our kids to private schools for college. Wasn’t the plan, so certainly had to supplement the 529s, but it worked out ok.

I think.

Yeah I think it’d be a mistake to plan to save a full private school tuition chunk in a 529 - if they don’t go to one that’d be a lot of funds left in there that you can’t pull out without penalty, unless you want to roll it forward to another family member. I’ll shoot for a state school tuition.

Even your lawnmower is bird-related.

Raptor!?!

Birdman just wanted to flex his badass mower. That thing fucks.

Also I think I was in 7/8th grade when I started driving one, and tractors around 13. My biggest limitation on driving a tractor was being strong enough to get the clutch down. I literally had to stand on the mother fucker and had to wait until I weighed enough to drive.

He good.

Last edited:
Do you all think it is dangerous/dumb to teach a 12 year old how to use a Hustler ride on mower (link) and then pay her to mow the horse pastures?

My 9 year old boy does about 3 acres with this: https://www.mowersdirect.com/Husqvarna-970-45-90-01-Lawn-Mower/p109677.html

It's his first year out doing it. Of my four kids he's far and away the most athletic/coordinated. I don't think my daughter (now 6) will be trusted with a job like that until she's at least 10-11. She's no where near physically ready.

The Raptor is only 18hp. Your 12 year old will be fine.

When I was 10, I still didn't weigh enough to keep the springs down on the safety seat on the old troybuilt we had. So dad made me mow with a cement brick in my lap/under my bottom.

Damn actually about to head outside now and mow our half acre with the cheapest push mower Lowe's had when we moved to Raleigh four years ago. I treated it like shit, run over everything and for $150 it still hasn't given me any problems.

My only regret is that its too early to drink a beer while mowing, and I don't have a good history podcast ready to go. I've already listened to Revolutions twice through. Any good suggestions out there?

Damn actually about to head outside now and mow our half acre with the cheapest push mower Lowe's had when we moved to Raleigh four years ago. I treated it like shit, run over everything and for $150 it still hasn't given me any problems.

My only regret is that its too early to drink a beer while mowing, and I don't have a good history podcast ready to go. I've already listened to Revolutions twice through. Any good suggestions out there?

How the fuck do you drink a beer using a push mower?

How the fuck do you drink a beer using a push mower?

Just keep it around and take a quick break every 10-15 mins. I've got plenty of walls/porches/steps/chairs/whatever that are perfect for beer placement. I usually hammer two coldies in the 45-60 mins it takes to mow and clean up.

As a married man and father, I don't pass up opportunities to drink outside in peace. I just can't justify not mowing this morning while my MIL watches our son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back