• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering that you don't even know to refer to them as the rank AND file, they might be onto something.

[Kyle] You know, I learned something today [Broflovski]

I thought I knew what I was talking about for all intensive purposes, but then all of the sudden I realized I didn't

I somehow caught the flu, so unfortunately that just means working from home. But weirdly, going to bed at the same time last night, I woke up a couple hours earlier than usual and was sharp and on it. Got some work done straightaway when I'm usually a zombie for half an hour or more in the morning.

Similar thing happened to me today, as well.

Went to bed at 9:30pm, woke up a bunch of times (our youngest is sick, too) and slept terrible. Woke up at 5:30am and randomly felt great. Went down into our basement to workout. Had a nice little breakfast while doing some work from home. Decided to go into the office (like 5 minutes away) at like 10am.

Boom. I feel terrible. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
The big announcement was Billy Joel?

That's awful. I mean, I like Billy Joel just fine, but that's a HUGE oversell.

def would be more interested in a billy idol concert

so I guess they didn't wanna go with An Evening with Billy Joel at the Joel, huh

I've been really slammed at work lately, and my immune system has been a rock star through all of it/all the people around me getting knocked out by the flu.
Had another hell of a day/night/day working yesterday to today, and now I'm starting to get that back-of-the-throat scratchiness and general brain fog. I don't know if I can resist it any longer.

Dammit.

Been drinking a lot of beer this flu season and have dodged the bullet so far. That's my only advice.

The age of streaming basically anything, whenever, is pretty great.

I've been throwing on some background-noise viewing on ESPN3; sevens rugby, curling (got to get ready for the Olympics!), and futsal.

My kids have zero concept of tv shows coming on in a slot. Literally all they know is DVR and streaming.

Yep. Have to explain that to them when they go to their grandparents houses.

The age of streaming basically anything, whenever, is pretty great.

It's amazing. Awesome in the truest sense of the word. After more than a century of electric technology, we have extended our central nervous system itself in a global embrace, abolishing both space and time as far as our planet is concerned. With this ability to transmit messages in a virtual instant, our culture is shrinking and expanding at the same time. Our place in the Global Village allows the gentle drum beats of Africa, the melodic didgeridoo of Australia, the scream of the electric guitar to all be circulated, remixed and distributed to an audience of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back