• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an old job on Craigslist at a major nonprofit in DC -- you hear them sponsoring NPR from time-to-time

Found my current job on LinkedIn as I found it had the best listings for my field (comms/marketing). The problem with sites like Indeed is they don't break down really well for the field of Communications. And since every job post ever mentions communications skills, it pretty much brings up every job listing.

wife and I started watching the new American Crime Story last night and enjoyed it. not quite as good as the OJ one but that Glee dude is one creepy motherfucker.

Just mowed through two months of LinkedIn bullshit. I feel like I accomplished nothing.

What does it mean to mow through through two months of LinkedIn bullshit? Serious question.

I just started "using" LinkedIn to see what kinds of jobs are out there. I mean, I had a profile and connections, but I've never actually "used" the site. Seems like all I get are random invites and a news feed that has no value to me.

Like what are you mowing through? Do you use LinkedIn for your job?

I did a one-month trial of premium to do some job searching and I haven't found much... I am wondering if it is because I haven't done any kind of a job search in about a decade and I am out of the loop on how to get utility from the site.

What does it mean to mow through through two months of LinkedIn bullshit? Serious question.

I just started "using" LinkedIn to see what kinds of jobs are out there. I mean, I had a profile and connections, but I've never actually "used" the site. Seems like all I get are random invites and a news feed that has no value to me.

Like what are you mowing through? Do you use LinkedIn for your job?

I did a one-month trial of premium to do some job searching and I haven't found much... I am wondering if it is because I haven't done any kind of a job search in about a decade and I am out of the loop on how to get utility from the site.

Mainly random invites from people in my industry from other parts of the country. If you look at your feed you'll see who's really using the site to try to accomplish something, though I'm not sure what.

I know what you mean, Biff. I log in once every couple months to respond to all the requests that have been piling up.

Yeah, this one dude is pumping up the staffing up of an office in Las Vegas. WGAF ?

I did get an invitation from someone who's kind of important though. I wonder if it bothers him that it took me months to accept it.

didn't bother me too much

I knew you were spending your time on important things

I sent out about 10 invites just for fun and have already been accepted by about half. So I guess somebody's paying attention to LinkedIn.

Well, if you die, your LinkedIn profile can be professional tombstone of sorts. Best to keep it up to date.

Aw man, that was the dude who ran the Wake Forest Sports Camp back in the day.

Dr. Hottinger's two sons were fraternity brothers of mine. Great family.

For Linkedin, do you all accept all your invitations, or just the people you know/would be good to know?

wife and I started watching the new American Crime Story last night and enjoyed it. not quite as good as the OJ one but that Glee dude is one creepy motherfucker.

Is this the Versace one? If so, starts good but has dropped off the cliff for the last few episodes. I'm hoping it ends soon.

Yeah, this one dude is pumping up the staffing up of an office in Las Vegas. WGAF ?

I did get an invitation from someone who's kind of important though. I wonder if it bothers him that it took me months to accept it.

it did, dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back