• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man the wife of my boi Leonard Thompson being stupid on the wake facebook post.

Basically food/beer tourism. I have visited TWDeac like 7x since college and it's always a pretty good time.

Over The Rhine is a cool hood. Good cocktail lounge above Goodfellas pizza (maybe Wiseguy?). Gomez is a dope little walk-up taco stand with this thing they call Turtles (grown up Crunchwrap/Burrito smash-up). It has a brewery next door that they'll serve to so you can order then go grab a table there. Lots of good breweries.. Rhinegeist is a huge space with cornhole, table tennis, darts etc. Urban Artifact is another good one that is in the basement of an old church. Kinda weird space but lots of good sours IIRC.

Also Terry's Turf Club does legit burgers. Though they aren't near OTR.

If you're in a plama-state-of-mind you can always cross the bridge over to Kentucky (useful if you are maybe at a Reds game on the river downtown already or something) and get yourself liters of beer at Hofbrahaus or hit the dueling piano bar next door, but you don't strike me as that kind of tourist.

Cue "once you've had tacos in Mexico" and "Once you've had beers in Germany" jokes.

Look, if you’re going to have a sense of humor about this it’s not going to be much fun to bust your balls.

That Facebook thread is idiotic. I truly don’t understand how this many morons went to wake.

This seems like a lot of Tucker Carlson fans finding Wake Forest on facebook then saying they won't be sending their kids there.

I like the person saying that needs individual admissions aren't fair to the students that can pay full tuition lol

I am SHOCKED that the male coach of female volleyball might have a thing for young girls

This seems like a lot of Tucker Carlson fans finding Wake Forest on facebook then saying they won't be sending their kids there.

LOL. Anybody tell them Hannity sent his kid there?

I like the person saying that needs individual admissions aren't fair to the students that can pay full tuition lol

Yeah, that’s former PGA pro (and Robeson County resident) Leonard Thompson’s wife.

I had Dr. Hottinger for bowling and figure skating. He was such a mensch. Bill and Jane looked like the happiest couple in the world every time I saw them at the Annex.

Rest in peace, good sir.

And although I am not palma-tier at bowling, our squad did take home the class title. We were comprised of a future Olympic field hockey player, a Wake tennis starter, and me. I could post a decent score every once in a while - I still have my 269 print out somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back