• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, living proof of a conservative in an English department. I'm sending this article to jhmd right now.

Oh man, living proof of a conservative in an English department. I'm sending this article to jhmd right now.

Assuming that the dude reads National Review, he will be pleased to know that there is a tenured faculty member in a Sociology department, as well.

According to Condon, the Dean of Students later said that by counter-protesting and holding a sign silently at the DACA rally, he was not following in line with “Wake Forest tradition,” and that counter-protesting was “allowed for now,” but University policy may change in the future Code of Conduct. Condon also claimed that Goldstein said he was “lucky more did not happen to him,” when he counter-protested. Condon, a member of Turning Point USA, said he attended some YDSA chapter meetings with other Turning Point members in an attempt to foster dialogue. He also happened to attend some lectures or poetry readings where YDSA members were present.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he wasn't just "holding a sign silently" or attending YDSA meetings with other Turning Point members to "foster dialogue."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point_USA

Since 2016 Turning Point USA has maintained a "Professor Watchlist" that lists college professors it alleges "discriminate against conservative students and advance leftist propaganda in the classroom."[SUP][4][/SUP] The organization has also secretly attempted to influence student government elections in an effort to combat liberalism on college and university campuses.[SUP][5][/SUP]
In December 2017, former employees of the organization accused it of engaging in racist practices, as well as potentially illegal involvement in the 2016 presidential election.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Something about the Hot Chicks Thread NCAA style tournament is weird. Lots of effort, difficult scoring model, seemingly only really cared about by one dude.

that whole thread is super weird, weirder than the heartstone game thread

How about deacfan123's vendetta against harmless Thunderbirds promoter, WSSUgrad18? We've got plenty of weird denizens.

Man, I was going to post something about Thom Tillis and Cambridge Analytica on The Tunnels, but that place is a disaster. Forget it.

It’s pretty much irrelevant Moonz, the dumbest poster to ever post Lectro that you scroll right past so as not to be exposed to the dumb, and then a shitty twitter feed

Yeah not worth it to argue with an uneducated paroled garbage man, I’m done with that place.

That guy has really kicked it up to 11 lately. Just endless posts and new threads. What a turd.

I'm gonna do it. I'm going over to the Tunnels for the first time in months, if not years. Wish me luck!

Yeah, I can't do the Tunnels.

I enjoy the Sports forum and have come to enjoy The Pit, but when I read The Tunnels it just makes me dislike pretty much everyone that posts there. I don't want that to ruin the other forums for me. I can deal with people having terrible and ill-informed opinions on Wake basketball or what they like to eat for breakfast, but holy shit The Tunnels is toxic.

I won't call out specific posters, but reading some of the stuff over there definitely impacts how I feel about people when they post on the other forums.

It also works the other way... When I know someone is an idiot about simple basketball concepts, how can I trust that they understand global geopolitics?

For breakfast this morning, I ate a banana that I am pretty sure my wife was going to throw out today. That's the level of discourse I come here for.

For breakfast this morning, I ate a banana that I am pretty sure my wife was going to throw out today. That's the level of discourse I come here for.

That, and the sexual innuendo surrounding your eating of a banana your wife was going to throw out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back