• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s sucks.

My whole family tested negative in anticipation of traveling to my parents but we made the decision it wasn’t worth the risk.

Where they live does not take this seriously.
My wife had to go into Charlotte on Wednesday morning and on her way back out of the city she drove past some medical facility and said there must have been 200 cars there in line for a test. I assumed it was maybe some type of rapid test for people who wanted a result before traveling for the holiday? Otherwise, wow.

I put up with 7 hours of Trumpism today with my wife’s family. The shirt they were spewing was next level.

My reward for nodding yes and not talking any shit? Blower. Totally worth it.
We were doing fine until we were about to leave and my boomer MIL shared a meme like it was brand new about being marked safe from a Roy Cooper Thanksgiving. I let it slide for the most part

Apparently hitler started out his rise to power by trying to keep family gatherings to a minimum to avoid the spread of virus.
The MAGAs in North Carolina were acting like Gov Cooper was personally going to be stationed outside your house to make sure nobody came over for Thanksgiving.

Outside of bar venues (where it’s usually some unsolicited drunk guy), I don’t think so. What other rock bands used them? I would probably enjoy them.

Bez from Happy Mondays. His only role in the band was to dance and occasionally play the maracas. Happy Mondays were a part of the Factory Records Madchester scene.

Bez is in the blue/black long sleeve shirt

My wife had to go into Charlotte on Wednesday morning and on her way back out of the city she drove past some medical facility and said there must have been 200 cars there in line for a test. I assumed it was maybe some type of rapid test for people who wanted a result before traveling for the holiday? Otherwise, wow.

It took me 4 hours door to door to get my test done. Just sat in the truck listening to podcasts.

EnyWTrGXIAE2lsD

I’m really disappointed none of you people wanna talk British Baking Show with me.

Also, straight up...I need some help chat thread. Give me your tips on not being a giant asshole.

I think I'm exhausted and that's leading me to not give a shit. When I don't give a shit, I can be pretty fucking callous. I think I'm being a giant asshole to a bunch of people I care about, which sucks.

Also, straight up...I need some help chat thread. Give me your tips on not being a giant asshole.

I think I'm exhausted and that's leading me to not give a shit. When I don't give a shit, I can be pretty fucking callous. I think I'm being a giant asshole to a bunch of people I care about, which sucks.

you can't reason with stoopid (only spelling that makes sense for magats at this point) trying to only slows your drinking.

Remember smart is to trumpers like water is to a ducks back.

I’d suggest meditating regularly. It will help to slow your brain down in daily life and enable you to take a moment to think before speaking. That might give you the mental discipline to stop saying things you later regret.

Try to stay grateful. Easier said than done these days.

I’m struggling too - not for myself but for my teenaged boys who are really missing their friends and hurting emotionally and spiritually. I find myself worrying more and more about them and I can’t fix this for them. Any ideas?

I’d suggest meditating regularly. It will help to slow your brain down in daily life and enable you to take a moment to think before speaking. That might give you the mental discipline to stop saying things you later regret.

Calling it meditating makes me anxious but I enjoy sitting quietly on my back porch for 15 minutes a day, no phone, no nothing and just letting my mind wander.

Drink more. That's always been my solution.

Calling it meditating makes me anxious but I enjoy sitting quietly on my back porch for 15 minutes a day, no phone, no nothing and just letting my mind wander.

Yeah, that is not exactly what I am talking about. The idea is to focus your mind and stop it from wandering freely. It’s like you are practicing regulating what you mind thinks of. Try to spend 15 minutes thinking of nothing, pushing thoughts out of your consciousness, allows you to better control the thoughts you have later and gives you the control to stop and think before you speak.

I’m not a guru though. There are good YouTube guided meditations and many many books on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back