• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C_uJWmrUIAAiuQp

Yeah, that is not exactly what I am talking about. The idea is to focus your mind and stop it from wandering freely. It’s like you are practicing regulating what you mind thinks of. Try to spend 15 minutes thinking of nothing, pushing thoughts out of your consciousness, allows you to better control the thoughts you have later and gives you the control to stop and think before you speak.

I’m not a guru though. There are good YouTube guided meditations and many many books on the subject.

If I do this I have a panic attack and hyperventilate

But to each their own

I've always understood that when your mind wanders while meditating its ok to follow that for a bit then bring your mind back to stillness until it wanders again. With practice the still vs thinking mind should begin to switch and you are better able to go longer without your mind wandering. Baby steps if you will.

I've always understood that when your mind wanders while meditating its ok to follow that for a bit then bring your mind back to stillness until it wanders again. With practice the still vs thinking mind should begin to switch and you are better able to go longer without your mind wandering. Baby steps if you will.

I think you are correct. Like I said, I’m not a guru, and I wasn’t trying to shame Townie (sorry dude) I was just suggesting that Doug consider some meditative mind training.

Also, straight up...I need some help chat thread. Give me your tips on not being a giant asshole.

I think I'm exhausted and that's leading me to not give a shit. When I don't give a shit, I can be pretty fucking callous. I think I'm being a giant asshole to a bunch of people I care about, which sucks.

A regular exercise routine does wonders. Even when you’re tired, pushing through the exhaustion and getting through it has such a positive mental benefit. It doesn’t have to be hiit or CrossFit, even a daily 45 minute walk or 30 minute jog is a life changer.

Went to bojangles for breakfast and they said it’d be a 30 minute wait for a cheddar bo so that’s a great way to start off my Sunday.

Who is Jake Paul and why did he almost murder poor little Nate Robinson?

Went to bojangles for breakfast and they said it’d be a 30 minute wait for a cheddar bo so that’s a great way to start off my Sunday.

I picked up Waffle House for breakfast. That place was hoppin this AM.

Hey BBD, we got some Indian food delivered from NaanStop the other day and it was really, really good. We usually stick with Lime & Lemon since it’s right around the corner but they are closed on Monday so we had to seek an alternative. Just throwing it out there.

Our go to lately for Indian has been Tandoori Bites. Big fan of everything I've gotten there.

Our go to lately for Indian has been Tandoori Bites. Big fan of everything I've gotten there.

That’s the new-ish place off 15-501 right? Will have to give that a try next time we are looking for new options.

Ats, we still in for this Tough Mudder in April, bro? I'm fixin to sign up and take advantage of these cyber monday prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back