• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find extreme cold to be physically painful. Extreme heat is just uncomfortable.

Yeah the older I get the more cold hurts, especially my knees and shoulder. I can definitely deal with sticky balls over that.

I find extreme cold to be physically painful. Extreme heat is just uncomfortable.

you could be suffering heat stroke and your body is shutting down

i would rather my body tell me it hurts get inside you dumdum than be slowly slipping into unconsciousness and not realize it

I took out the garbage last night in my bare feet (roughly 35 degrees outside) and was humbled by the realization of how quickly I would just give up and die if I ever found myself out in the snow without shoes.

Made me think about the girl in Wind River (I think that was the movie where she walked a long way in the show with bare feet).

And I'm originally from upstate NY and used to wear flip-flops everyday, no matter the weather.

let me yet again make another plug for the first season of The Terror

you have more control over your comfort in extreme cold though. Better socks, a real winter coat, gloves, layer up, and you're mostly set for the 0-20 degree range. In 110+ heat, what else can you do but strip naked?

So, if I win the lottery, I guess I am moving to South Florida and living on a golf course surrounded by other rich assholes. That way I don't stick out like a sore thumb and have people harass me at the local diner and eventually get murdered like Selena.

you have more control over your comfort in extreme cold though. Better socks, a real winter coat, gloves, layer up, and you're mostly set for the 0-20 degree range. In 110+ heat, what else can you do but strip naked?

this is the arg i am eternally returning to

Where the hell do you people go that it is 110 on the reg? Venus?

kickball talking about future Earth here I think

Yeah, I hate the cold more... But I can see why our ancestors preferred the colder climates. You can dress for it and burn shit for heat. You can't do anything in hot and humid weather. All you can do is catch malaria.

Where the hell do you people go that it is 110 on the reg? Venus?

Nevada, Arizona, and southern inland California in the summer. I can most vouch for Vegas, where in July the average high is 107 per google, and a string of 110+ days is not uncommon at all. I was there when their all-time record of 117 was set.

Nevada, Arizona, and southern inland California in the summer. I can most vouch for Vegas, where in July the average high is 107 per google, and a string of 110+ days is not uncommon at all. I was there when their all-time record of 117 was set.

Hiking in Arizona in July is definitely worse than hiking in Appalachia in January.

So how does the feeling of 107 compare to 87 and humid in NC?

So how does the feeling of 107 compare to 87 and humid in NC?

JMO, but worse, honestly. The sun just feels so much more oppressive. Forget about the dizziness and nausea that dehydration can cause (took me half of my first summer in LV to realize that was what was happening to me).

95 and humid vs 107 and dry are more comparable, IMO... but it's been a while since I've experienced 107.

The hurting and being cold etc... as you are older in comparison to growing up wearing flip flops or shorts in the freezing cold is because you most likely would be dead way sooner in the natural world.

Holy shit I think I'd quit.

When the pandemic started they tried to get us to record short video lectures for students to watch if they missed class, to which I responded that their are "well produced" short videos on every subject in American and World History, so I'll just link those instead. Got me out of a real pickle because I want to cut myself anytime I listen to myself or see myself on camera for more than a few seconds.

did y'all do class over zoom? if so, why not just record the lecture?

With $100mil I would:

Tear down Wellman Way and give enough money to Wake to force there hand at changing it to Creamy Ct. -- $10,000,000 roughly

Stash $10,000,000 away in a trust for my daughter to receive when she's 25, while also making sure she has the funds available to go to any college she wants to go to + housing, food, etc.

Build a couple lavish houses in mountains and beach - $25,000,000 -- like MTV Cribs level shit

Stick $25,000,000 in the bank/low risk investment accounts.

give $10,000,000 split equally to any of my family and friends who need help paying off mortgage or send kids to school, etc... Or just party their balls off.

The remaining $20,000,000 I would give to multiple charities that directly benefit underprivileged families/children. I'd start a non-profit and hire a boatload of people to see out the mission work.

I want a quote to retrofit all teh upper quad dorms with voice activated elevators that only respond to "Booyah"

That's something I came up with in college and I'm sticking with it

At the time I think I said I was willing to give $10MM to ensure this would happen, but I am guessing I could get it done for less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back