• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cheatin' TKory !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of psychopaths, I have a freshmen in my room that just legit pulled a spoon, bowl, liter of milk, and full box of Captain Crunch out of his bag and proceeded to eat it like that's a rational thing to do. The worst part is he poured the milk into the bowl before the cereal.

God damn it. My wife and her cousin do this too(Milk before the cereal) and it pisses me the fuck off. It's reckless, sloppy, wasteful...Just everything that's wrong with what should be a relaxing experience of eating some tasty cereal.

You mean, before they do something for which we lock them away for life or execute them?

thinking people with a pattern of antisocial behaviors and attitudes are violent is part of the problem, imo.

I don't know much about the phenomenon, but my understanding is that sociopaths are born that way and, if that's true, trying to think about how society should handle them is a tough puzzle

I don't think they are born that way, I think they are born with certain preconditions that can develop into a number of different behavioral and personality variants depending on the environment. It's a mix of Nature and Nurture. Basically people are born with emotional disorders like depression and anxiety and then as the individual matures they develop coping mechanisms that later in life we call behavioral (pre-teens and teens) and personality (adults) disorders. Lots of people with inherent mood disorders never develop these advanced behavioral and personality disorders but some do. That's my understanding that I've garnered while trying to navigate this world with a kid heading down one of these paths.

how is it reckless

When you pour a bowl of cereal it's all about ratios. Pouring the milk in first doesn't give you the best gauge for how much cereal you'll need. However, pouring a bowl of cereal like non psychopath, allows you to see slowly pour the milk in the right level. That level is different depending on preference but I prefer the milk raises the cereal about 1.5 inches above the bowl. You can't achieve perfect measurements when you pour the milk in first. Even if you think you have it measured out right, you don't.

When you pour a bowl of cereal it's all about ratios. Pouring the milk in first doesn't give you the best gauge for how much cereal you'll need. However, pouring a bowl of cereal like non psychopath, allows you to see slowly pour the milk in the right level. That level is different depending on preference but I prefer the milk raises the cereal about 1.5 inches above the bowl. You can't achieve perfect measurements when you pour the milk in first. Even if you think you have it measured out right, you don't.

he's right folks

puff vests are great, especially under a jacket. I bought a blazed orange one for hiking but i wear mine all the time now for 50ish degree stuff/dog walks.

Tie a sweater around your neck at the correct angle
Fold a pocket square
Identify which pairs of shoes are worn with or without socks
Properly play/score croquet, badminton, or tennis
Select the appropriate golf club

Do you mean like a 7-iron versus a knockdown 5 ? Or do you mean which club to join ?

Spoken like a true novice. The professional cereal eaters pour the milk first and then add just enough cereal to eat before it gets soggy. When you are done eating the cereal and have more milk, add more cereal. When you are done, add more. With practice, you can figure out how much milk to pour at the start and how much cereal to add each time so that not a drop or bite of either is wasted.

Last edited:
If you ever find yourself in Cornelius, NC, there's a good coffee cart called Main Street Craft Coffee.

thinking people with a pattern of antisocial behaviors and attitudes are violent is part of the problem, imo.

I assumed he was talking about true sociopaths--i.e., people with no conscience--and not people with a pattern of antisocial behavior. With the former, it's just a matter of time.

Welp, just went to order the slippers the wife wanted for Christmas from LL Bean and they are back ordered until Jan 25. Beating incoming.

Gotta be on the ball. My wife’s slippers are safely in my office.

Spoken like a true novice. The professional cereal eaters pour the milk first and then add just enough cereal to eat before it gets soggy. When you are done eating the cereal and have more milk, add more cereal. When you are done, add more. With practice, you can figure out how much milk to pour at the start and how much cereal to add each time so that not a drop or bite of easier is wasted.

While I understand this concept, most cereal eaters are slamming back a bowl on a go and don't have time to lolly gag around pouring little tablespoons of cornflakes until all of the milk is gone.

I'll give you that if there's plenty of time, no one is in a rush and you're sitting at the table planning to eat cereal for 30 minutes, that your method is justifiable.

everyone who's surprised junebug participates in obviously psychopathic behavior, stand on your head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back