• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCIV: negrep wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like: I like/agree with this
Hug: you need a hug, even if this post is unpleasant news
Love: i SUPERLIKE this
Haha: this is amusing
Wow: oh snap
Sad: this makes me sad and it in some way reflects on you or your decisions
Angry: this makes me angry and you have in some way endorsed it
Dislike: this post sucks OR you are a poster who sucks and gets auto-disliked for being an ambulance chasing dickhead
(ETA: OR you mentioned crossfit)
There needs to be a confused/WTF expression imo. Handy for post game one thought one thread takes @mods

Like: I like/agree with this
Hug: you need a hug, even if this post is unpleasant news
Love: i SUPERLIKE this
Haha: this is amusing
Wow: oh snap
Sad: this makes me sad and it in some way reflects on you or your decisions
Angry: this makes me angry and you have in some way endorsed it
Dislike: this post sucks OR you are a poster who sucks and gets auto-disliked for being an ambulance chasing dickhead
(ETA: OR you mentioned crossfit)

Hmm...I use sad to express empathy for a sad situation without assigning responsibility. Is that allowed or do I HAVE to HUG for this (NTTAWWT)!

Hmm...I use sad to express empathy for a sad situation without assigning responsibility. Is that allowed or do I HAVE to HUG for this (NTTAWWT)!
Yeah. Same for Angry TBH. Both CAN assign responsibility in the right context.

i think you should hug if you're mad on their behalf
not if it's something that doesn't personally affect them!

Like I'll use a mad if someone shares a story/tweet about some dumbass politician that also makes me mad.

If same person makes a post agreeing w/dumbass they are probs getting a negrep but maybe an angry directed AT them.

anything other than like is generally too much work until we get them brain implants
except "liking" a sad post/story feels inherently wrong and I hate when I have to do it on other platforms when I want to show support

like if Timmy comes on and talks about the shitty service at the dealership and I deem it also shitty I might put a mad face vs hug since I'm guessing he doesn't want a hug in that situation just validation that was fucked up

seinfeld-thats-a-shame.gif

Need this emoji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back