• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCV: cookout (thinks he) KILLED the SUPERLIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my first one like 6 months ago, after always getting a 3-5 year old car to save on the depreciation. But I always had major repairs going that route, and man your first new one feels good

Yeah I wasn’t necessarily looking to go new but the used prices are out of control these days. I’m looking forward to it. When we moved back from Boston a few years back we got a new 2018 CR-V and I got an older Honda Fit to save a bit of cash vs buying two new cars at once. So been waiting a bit of time and this was a good opportunity to get something that will likely be 10+ year vehicle for me.

Seems like a lot of those newer EV brands hit a cliff and overall EV sales are slowing considerably so I’m sure they are pretty desperate for some customer activity.

After spending my whole life in a sedan the thought of sitting in some giant truck that can see over the top of everything is very appealing. I feel like my driving anxiety would be cut by like 90%.

The December after I graduated law school, I bought a 2011 Audi A4 with 18k miles on it. I got pulled over for speeding driving it home from the dealer. Since then, that car has been registered in MA, NH, DC, CT, Portugal and MD 2x. It’s now at 113k and it burns a quart of oil every two weeks. I’m gonna be sad to get rid of it when we go back to Europe, but doesn’t make sense to ship two cars with us. A 12 year car is a thing of beauty.

I hope this doesn’t screw up the afternoon drinking. I need those updates.
So do I. It makes me feel at peace with my own over consumption. Although I just got my own bloodwork back and for as much stress as I've put on my body..... not terrible!

Honestly we love our 2018 CR-V so much I’m getting a 2024 CR-V hybrid. It’s an absolutely perfect size for us and I’m really happy about getting a hybrid. My FIL works at the dealership also and helped secure a good deal which was a nice bonus.
New crv looks much better. Not such a mom car anymore imo.

Reactions: WRS
my 2006 sequoia is still going strong in the hands of my 20 year old son. bought it in 2012 for $14k and it will probably go another 50k miles easily

our 2024 EQE has 1k miles on it and today i had to troubleshoot how to close the sunroof when it's being difficult. ugh

Reactions: WRS
New snack recommendation: Pop Daddy Pretzels. We bought a bag of the garlic parm and they are absolutely delicious.

my 2006 sequoia is still going strong in the hands of my 20 year old son. bought it in 2012 for $14k and it will probably go another 50k miles easily

our 2024 EQE has 1k miles on it and today i had to troubleshoot how to close the sunroof when it's being difficult. ugh

How do you like the eqe ? I spent a lot of time thinking of going for that one but I didn’t like how the hood looked ultimately . Looked amazing inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back