• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCV: cookout (thinks he) KILLED the SUPERLIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our access to Microsoft is currently down so can't do any actual work. Good thing the internet is still working!

Our access to Microsoft is currently down so can't do any actual work. Good thing the internet is still working!
From our IT department "...this process may take as much as three hours to fully recover all accounts." Wish I could just work from home the rest of the day when shit comes back up but nope, that isn't an option. Gotta sit here and twiddle my thumbs for a few hours.

So for those of you who don't know, I live in Maryland. In Maryland, we have the common grey squirrels, but we also have black squirrels The black squirrels were introduced on the Washington Mall, by Teddy Roosevelt, for reasons unknow, perhaps he wanted to remind himself of Mirkwood forest. Anyways, as Mako will attest it is tough to keep squirrels contained, so the black squirrels have populated the DMV, and now make up 1/3 of the squirrel population. Now this epistle is not about grey squirrels or black squirrels, but an albino squirrel who lives around here. That little white treerat sticks out like a sore thumb. You can see him from all the way down the road. I have no idea how he has survived this long. I would think any manner of owl, fox, coyote, stray cat would be able to track him down and get him, yet he is still there. I may not see him every day, but mornings, like this one, I will catch a glimpse of him, and know that he is still out there, despite his disadvantages. He is still scurrying about and gathering nuts like a champion.

All this to say, if that little white squirrel can survive another day, so can you Windy.

A long time ago in my first job out of college I was an analyst and all of our work, client documents and other critical info was stored on a shared drive. Maybe once a quarter or so the drive wouldn’t be operational and we literally couldn’t do any work for several hours until they fixed the issue. Used to love those mornings.

We used to frequent the Black Squirrel pub when we lived in Adams Morgan. One of the best burgers in the city and they had a great beer selection.

Also used to have a white squirrel live in my yard for years growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back