• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have a chance to redo the undergrad admissions process over again. I would do it so differently. My mom really got in my head about how I wouldn’t get in anywhere so I had to apply early decision, while maybe she actually believed that, I think she was more focused on me going to the same school as my brother.

I would love to have a chance to redo the undergrad admissions process over again. I would do it so differently. My mom really got in my head about how I wouldn’t get in anywhere so I had to apply early decision, while maybe she actually believed that, I think she was more focused on me going to the same school as my brother.
I didn’t really have the means to do college visits and my folks didn’t know it was a thing to be done. We’re trying to let this be her process and just ask questions to get her to identify what is important to her with these initial visits. She’s just a sophomore so we’re aiming for low pressure and get to know what these are like. I love visiting different campuses so this stuff is fun for me. I also got a kick out of the Wake sales pitch and there wasn’t much real talk.

my folks went to wake (probs the only reason I got in) and my dad was on tour of NC checking out both Duke and Wake

Duke was the leader going into the visits but the tour guide was so arrogant my dad wrote duke off that day

I believe my year was the last year they had prospective visits be Friday-Sunday. Not one scheduled event was attended, but I did get served beer easily at a Sig Ep party, which wasn't the norm once I actually got in.

my Dad and I both disliked the tour guide at Duke
thought the UNC campus was ugly
then we saw a sign for Winston and he remembered that Wake Forest was there

2 weeks out from a product launch I’ve been working on since Dec 2019.

I’ve got 13 meetings today, 12 tomorrow. An average of 8 meetings a day between now and 3/15.

Leaving very little time to POST
just enough time to try to WIN the CT

if plama wins it's gonna be another two weeks of a single CT

spent the night in df07's dorm as a prospective scholarship awardee

i did not get the scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back