• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone that is not retired even live there?

I live an hour from there and have also never been
had a boss for a summer gig at a community center in atlanta that was from hilton head

we took the kids to an overnight camp for a weekend and she was in a bathing suit at the pool (#nopics)

she had a huge chunk of her upper leg missing from getting got by a gator trying to cross through a canal -- it was way gnarly

Think i’ve been to Hilton Head once when
I was 20, wasn’t super memorable.

had a boss for a summer gig at a community center in atlanta that was from hilton head

we took the kids to an overnight camp for a weekend and she was in a bathing suit at the pool (#nopics)

she had a huge chunk of her upper leg missing from getting got by a gator trying to cross through a canal -- it was way gnarly
I love diving with sharks but I’m pretty wary of gators.

i love the left turn this story takes

10/10

plama liking Hilton Head is the most on-brand post of this entire CT

I did some kayaking with gators last week, pretty docile but also it wasn’t super warm water and didn’t see any like 12 footers or anything. I did see a like 400 pound woman fall into the swamp so that was entertaining.

Spent a couple nights at Steven foster park in okefanokee swamp.

We rented a little 10 cc outboard motor boat (may have been double D's can't recall) and toured the swamp. Tons of gators all over. Pretty great and a little scary at the same time.

InconsequentialGlaringFly-size_restricted.gif

yeah we stayed at HarbourTown in a condo right on the harbor so it was cool to walk out the deck right onto the marina. son loved seeing all the big boats. but it was hella far from the beach, though wife's aunt had a condo over by the Ocean Club that was across the street from the beach. we chose HarbourTown since the wedding itself was at the big oak tree there and the rehearsal dinner was at the hotel there but the wedding reception was over at the Ocean Club.

my aunt and uncle used to have a place in windmill harbor, right when you drive onto the island. that was pretty nice, although nowhere near a beach.

you were able to avoid the yankees by just immediately getting off the road when you hit the island.

My favorite thing about Hilton Head is that the best restaurant on the island is in the RV campground

i think HHI matters mightily where you stay unless you're a retiree. we've had family condo in Palmetto dunes with its own beach access and lmited AirBNBs. between the 'private' section of beach and own pool and a 1 min walk back to the room it makes for a pretty awesome trip

i would not go to HHI if i had to bike or drag shit to a public access

Whomever is responsible for arranging the 70 degree weather for our visit to NC has my thanks. We have an afternoon to kill before heading to the Joel tonight. Might traipse up to Pilot Mountain and stretch the legs a bit.

If you don’t hang out with @mako1331 or other chat thread regulars was it even worth the visit.
Prolly not. I’m down to say what’s up at the game. The kiddo was not a big fan of Wake. Found it a bit too cloistered and academically prescriptive. She realized it would probably only be worth it if she was planning to go into something finance-adjacent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back