• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ended up in Florida beaches during the summer for the last 3 years running and I'm pretty much done with NC or SC beaches in the summertime. Places are a lot cheaper, water is a lot prettier, diving is a million times better.

We do HHI because it’s convenient to Atlanta.

My family has used it as a meeting spot since we have folks in VA and FL.

I have ended up in Florida beaches during the summer for the last 3 years running and I'm pretty much done with NC or SC beaches in the summertime. Places are a lot cheaper, water is a lot prettier, diving is a million times better.
Yeah for me it's a no brainer since my mom lives by the beach on the Gulf, but those are the beaches I grew up with. I do like Ocean Isle a lot and have been there a fair amount. Just way more low key than HHI which is what I'm looking for in a beach.

For some years now we’ve been going to Sunset Beach. Generally fairly quiet and low key. And close enough to all the MB stuff if you want it. But we only go in fall, winter, or spring. Not summer.

I've been doing pretty well in limiting my beer intake for cutting but now that it looks like warm weather is here to stay Bublys ain't gonna hit the same. It's about time to pop my shirt off and not put it back on until November.

Yeah I've gone to HHI a couple times w/ in-laws and not a fan. Just seems like too crowded + expensive for what you're getting.

For a more populous beach setting I think we've swapped to IOP/wild dunes area for now at least, kiddo really loves the pool setup there.

Once kids are older and can enjoy the freedom of just chilling/hanging at beach and biking everywhere, it'll be back to BHI every summer (I hope).

Yeah I've gone to HHI a couple times w/ in-laws and not a fan. Just seems like too crowded + expensive for what you're getting.

For a more populous beach setting I think we've swapped to IOP/wild dunes area for now at least, kiddo really loves the pool setup there.

Once kids are older and can enjoy the freedom of just chilling/hanging at beach and biking everywhere, it'll be back to BHI every summer (I hope).
Interesting. The Seapines part of HHI has never seemed overly crowded to me. Less so than IOP. I enjoy them both. Kiawah is probably my favorite in NC/SC, but $$$.

Agree that OIB is great and one of the best in NC.

Went to HHI for a wake wedding and thought it was awesome. Liked the giant boats parked outside the mansions

Interesting. The Seapines part of HHI has never seemed overly crowded to me. Less so than IOP. I enjoy them both. Kiawah is probably my favorite in NC/SC, but $$$.

Agree that OIB is great and one of the best in NC.
Ehhh, maybe it's just all the crowds around that immediate area, but I distinctly remember just being annoyed by people and also kinda felt weird how far from getting to beach most places seemed to be for the $$$ the houses ran for. Mainly there's just way too many fucking people from Ohio ther for me to really settle down and enjoy it.

When you go cruising, how big is the pineapple you put on your door? Are you guys like the slick swingers who keep it on the DL or are you and the wife dressed in pineapple gear all 7 days advertising that stuff? When you see other pineapples on doors, do you knock right away or do you sue out the situation? Asking for a friend.
Massive pineapple. The key though is turning it upside down.

gulf side?

I did stay at that 5 star hotel at harbour town for a long wedding weekend once and that was fun (it was also the shoulder season so the island was real empty), but you're not doing that kinda thing for a family beach vacay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back