• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I consider myself handy and adept at home improvement and then I realize that when my father-in-law dies I’m going to be incapable of changing a light bulb without a handyman.
I find this pretty hard to believe

Great choice. It’s getting brisk and windy as hell right now so time to lock myself in.
Yeah it was fucking snowing on my drive home.

One of those days when the high (like 56) was when I woke up this morning and just steadily went downhill. Supposed to be 76 nex Thu, though!

Sometimes I consider myself handy and adept at home improvement and then I realize that when my father-in-law dies I’m going to be incapable of changing a light bulb without a handyman.
I consider myself handy adjacent. I can change a light switch or install a ceiling fan but I'm always overly cautious because electricity scares me.

I am not very handy. Can change a lightbulb and install stuff on the wall and build furniture but that’s about it.

Wife is at dinner with friends. Daughter is at her first school dance. Terrifying.

The boy and I are eating Brazilian grilled meats! La Brazza: Steak on Stakes!

Last edited:
I went to my brother's wedding in Mexico solo because there was no way in hell I was gonna get on a flight with layovers and deal with customs with a 5 year old and two 3 year olds. We will attempt to visit him as a family there when the twins are 5. Our trips have been of the rent a house for 5-7 days within 5 hours driving distance variety. Learned you pretty much have to stay at least 5 days if you go anywhere for it to be worth the aggravation. Our first big test is gonna be a California plane trip this November assuming my grandmother makes it to her 100th birthday.

Yo, I’ll respond on the labor thread, but I’ve been cooking dinner for the family for the last hour or so.
that's way more important man

but like hummingbirds have a whole 80s video game score in their arsenal

they like this rosemary bush outside my apartment

What is the difference between a double IPA, an imperial IPA, and an extra IPA? I had to buy all of these in a pack to get the ruthless rye and I don’t really know the difference between any of them

Damn, shout out to Wake bball on this week's Distraction podcast. David Roth talking about a coworker who played at Wake, and asking him if he knew Rusty LaRue. Wonder who Roth worked with.
Roth was a writer on Buffy so it was probably Blucas

What is the difference between a double IPA, an imperial IPA, and an extra IPA? I had to buy all of these in a pack to get the ruthless rye and I don’t really know the difference between any of them
Which one’s the double? Imperial is high alc – assume that’s Atomic Torpedo which we just upped the booze on to make it an imperial. Extra IPA I’m like 95% sure is just a marketing term we use for Torpedo to help it stand out.

Which one’s the double? Imperial is high alc – assume that’s Atomic Torpedo which we just upped the booze on to make it an imperial. Extra IPA I’m like 95% sure is just a marketing term we use for Torpedo to help it stand out.
Hop bullet is the double IPA in this pack.

Also I made up the thing about Roth writing for Buffy

Hop bullet is the double IPA in this pack.

Also I made up the thing about Roth writing for Buffy
Ah. I think but could be wrong that it also means higher alc. I’m sure there’s an explainer somewhere on what the difference between double/imperial is.

I tweeted at Roth. Will report back.

We've got a personal exercise trampabampabopoline that the boy loves to bounce on while watching stuff. Or just bounce. Burns so much energy for a kid that wants to move all the time

He just jumped on the back of the couch and said "it's time for the finale!" Lept into the air spiderman style and farted mid flight. Bounced, lept again, landed on the floor turned an took a bow. "Good night to you, sir" while holding the wake winter hat he liberated from me to his heart.

This kid has got bits and incredible delivery.

Hope he uses his superpowers for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back