• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched The Outlaw King with Brad Pitt when I got home from work last night. Not bad but not really anything to write home about. It did make me want to watch Braveheart again though. Downed a fun bottle of cru Beaujolais while watching. Stewed fruit, cherries, strawberries, lots of baking spice. Relatively speaking, the wine >>> the movie.

That’s nice that you have optimism but cookout already made sure we would lose.

Yeah it was fucking snowing on my drive home.

One of those days when the high (like 56) was when I woke up this morning and just steadily went downhill. Supposed to be 76 nex Thu, though!
Damn yeah just looked at the forecast and saw it’s supposed to be 83 here on Thursday 😳

What are the French thinking with their numbering past forty? Can’t think up a name for fifty or sixty or seventy or eighty? What’s going on there?

What are the French thinking with their numbering past forty? Can’t think up a name for fifty or sixty or seventy or eighty? What’s going on there?
I generally agree, but do think 50 and 60 are "normal" whereas 70/80/90 like WTF.

I am obviously partial to birds, but I think corn snakes and some of the most beautiful animals around.

EDFFEDCB-C1DF-4C9A-BED2-1EDA75B23914.jpeg

I'm really glad I spent 3 years in elementary schools, 2 years in middle school, 3 years in high school and placed in basic remedial french at Wake and thus took 4 semesters of French spread from 1st semester freshman year to 2nd semester graduate year and can't remember what 70/80/90 are in french.

I remember trente; quarante; cinquante; soixante; don't remember seventy so it may be soixante-dix; then 80 is quatre vingt and i think 90 is quatre vingt dix. but after 60 definitely fuzzy on 70 and 90

I remember trente; quarante; cinquante; soixante; don't remember seventy so it may be soixante-dix; then 80 is quatre vingt and i think 90 is quatre vingt dix. but after 60 definitely fuzzy on 70 and 90
Yea my wife was telling me about this after her French lesson and I was baffled

I'm really glad I spent 3 years in elementary schools, 2 years in middle school, 3 years in high school and placed in basic remedial french at Wake and thus took 4 semesters of French spread from 1st semester freshman year to 2nd semester graduate year and can't remember what 70/80/90 are in french.
Yeah....I took French from 6th grade through high school and then thought Spanish would be actually useful to know in the "real world" so I took that at Wake and it was just awful. Did the intensive summer course that combined the two intermediate levels into a like month long course four days a week and tried to get into the 212 the next Fall just to keep going but it was full. By the time I took 212 I didn't remember anything, but fortunately had the "easy" professor which helped a ton.

TLDR; don't remember a damn thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back