• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
My in-laws have always stayed at a hotel when they come visit. My father in law has back issues and the mattress in the guest bedroom gives him problems. I always called it the "million dollar mattress". This past Christmas, guess what my in-laws gave us for Christmas. Yeah, you guessed it - a fucking mattress for the guest bedroom. Goddamnit
Cut him some slack, if he’s your FIL, then he is at least 90. He just wants to be comfortable at the end.

My in-laws have always stayed at a hotel when they come visit. My father in law has back issues and the mattress in the guest bedroom gives him problems. I always called it the "million dollar mattress". This past Christmas, guess what my in-laws gave us for Christmas. Yeah, you guessed it - a fucking mattress for the guest bedroom. Goddamnit
that's like a thousand dollar xmas present that everybody can enjoy

what's your problem with that?

If they are ones who have to sleep on it, seems fine to let them pick it out

My parents were ordering new furniture for the bedroom we use there. I asked if we could pay the difference to put a king bed in there but that was rejected.

i've been messing around on the tok a bit more and it defs has me pigeonholed as an enjoyer of horror content

but the stuff on there is really lowest common denominator stuff. there's bad clips from paranormal investigator shows (some produced and some like YT level content). there's compilations of "things that happened this week" which tried to convince me that there were an unusual amount of earthquakes before the events in Turkey. there's the doppelganger meme that's hot right now.

the only good stuff on horrortok seems to be unusual ways to die but I've already heard/read most of that stuff

but last night I did learn about the Byford Dolphin accident where four dudes in a diving bell in the North Sea basically had their bodies explode from accidental explosive depressurization
lol yes i fell into the wikipedia hole on this one at some point in the last year, followed by a long read on deep sea diving as a career and what it is like and then ended up watching this documentary too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Breath_(2019_film) (went to bed at like 4 am that night 😂)

Agreed. But no idea when it abates given higher rates didn't kill it and there is still a huge lack of housing supply.
it's not gonna be the supply side that kills it, not enough people make enough money to pay for much more

it's not gonna be the supply side that kills it, not enough people make enough money to pay for much more

My point was more that inventory (both new construction and existing homes) remains very low. So if you are looking to move to a specific area, your choices are severely limited right now. Often times, you need to settle for something that is less than ideal, but located where you want it to be.

As more supply hits the market, that scenario is less of an issue... Less of a scarcity value kind of a premium.

No idea if supply or demand will cause prices to come down significantly... It's obviously going to have to be a combination of both.

But we're still going to be "undersupplied" for years and years (not just in the total number of new homes, but also the type of housing and location). There are houses out there, but they are the wrong kind and/or in the wrong spots.

So is that's not really a "supply" problem. That's the old location, location, location problem. There aren't enough "good" places to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back