• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Finite: See you in church!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, water is about the worst chaser for soothing your taste buds after eating spicy food. Beer too, actually. A milk based beverage works best. I get a mango lassi if I challenge the Indian restaurant to make my vindaloo extra spicy.

Robuchon was (is?) the most expensive meal in the country at one time. But I dunno there's something that detracts from the experience when there's a McDonalds and smoky blackjack tables right out front.

Robuchon was (is?) the most expensive meal in the country at one time. But I dunno there's something that detracts from the experience when there's a McDonalds and smoky blackjack tables right out front.

MGM Grand is really gross, although Caesar's is the smokiest to me

That, Masa, and Urasawa (Masa used to run Urasawa until he moved to NYC) were the 3 most expensive from what I know.

Joel Robuchon at least is fairly secluded and has a nice interior from everything I've seen

i really really want to try the French Laundry. One of my favorite experiences was Le Bec Fin in Philly (RIP)

Been to Ad Hoc and Bouchon in Yountville but haven't made it to the big cheese. Though we walked in the TFL gardens across the street.

Nicest/most expensive resto I've done is the Inn at Little Washington. We did minibar before it moved into its current space and doubled the menu price from 125 to 250. Also did lunch at Eleven Madison Park a few weeks before they were awarded 3 Michelin stars. Now lunch is the same price as dinner and mega expensive.

I've only done 3 super fancies, and one was with Apetit as a date and one was by myself and the third one i didn't even bang her

Speaking of food recs, my buddy is taking his son down to High Point this weekend. Any restaurants I should have him hit up?

Hops or Emma Key's in Greensboro for burgers. Freeman's Grub and Pub for eclectic gastropub food.

HP has Lulu and Blue, which is actually decent Italian, but not much else.

Also, I will be visiting Asheville this evening and tomorrow with the wife and kids. Looks like Buxton Hall for my birthday dinner. The kids will have their first Biltmore Estate experience. This will be the only time I force them to tour the castle. I haven't been in the house in about 20 years, so I'm okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back