• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much opposed to OOO. I'm an inveterate historicist, with degrees in book history and archeology

ok phew

but what if i told u books and humans were all equal objects with the same flat ontology tho

OOO is arguably the worst development in academia. When I was work study in college, I was event staff at an OOO conference and I don't even know if those donks understood what they were saying.

Latour went real bad in the 10s, but I like his work up to that point a lot. You anti-ANT, Kory???

not anti-ANT because i do think there's something to be said for the missing masses (humanities that focus on social explanations should grapple with the material nature of life and political economy work more often, imo) but defs anti-OOO because it's a pretty hard zag (also fuck ian bogost)

having fun working on a "abject-oriented ontology" paper this first half of the summer

I might have to register a new username before too long. I forgot my password and just used a made-up email address when I registered. Logged out on my phone and can't get back in. Stay tuned.

I might have to register a new username before too long. I forgot my password and just used a made-up email address when I registered. Logged out on my phone and can't get back in. Stay tuned.

Try godeacs

Thinking about DeaconCum as my new username. Chicks dig it.

Actual video of the Deacon using his own DeaconCum to smooth out his sideburns, which is pretty gross.

giphy.gif

Are folks familiar with Blanche Taylor Moore? I randomly watched a true-crime episode about her, and holy hell what a story.
One of my best friends growing up worked at the Kroger where she had that sexual incident with the manager. Supposedly it ended when this Denton dude was like running through the store without his pants after she locked him out of his office.

After Taylor's death in 1971, Blanche and Reid began dating publicly. By 1985, however, the relationship had soured. There are indications that she began to date Kevin Denton, Kroger's regional manager for the Piedmont Triad area; however, that relationship ended, and she filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Denton and Kroger in October 1985.[3] Denton was forced to resign, and Kroger settled the case out of court two years later for $275,000. In 1985, Blanche also accused an unknown "pervert" of starting two fires that damaged her mobile home.

Last edited:
That reminds me of a good story that I will shaare. When I first moved to California, I got a job at CBS running errands.

I moved up the ladder and was the assistant to John Crutcher. Crutch was a legend at CBS. He was running shows like Andy Griffith, Petticoat Junction, and Gilligan's Island.

One day I went to get coffee for Crutch and his 11am meeting. I walked in with a bunch of coffees to serve to him, Dick Van Dyke, and Mary Tyler Moore. They were pitching the Mayr Tyler Moore show.

I am constantly amused and amazed at how important my mere existence is to so many here. Even when I'm not involved in something, others find ways to make me a centerpiece.

It's an unusual hobby for so many here to have, but I guess everyone needs a pastime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back