• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh.

I was rational with you as well. Your position of the difference between $14M and $15M being "completely inaccurate" made no sense. $14M is slightly more than 6% less than $15M. That amount can be fixed in a minute. But you wouldn't even consider that. I specifically said that I agree it probably wasn't $14, but that without any proof of what the real number is, it's not just that we don't know what your source knew, but he in fact didn't say ANYTHING. It could've been $3, $10, $18, or $Texas. No one knows.

You also wouldn't consider that someone who was personally involved in that contract would know more than someone getting second or third hand info. Nor would you consider that Goodman, who was wrong about coaching search could be wrong about the amount. To you, your source is first hand. To me, your source is SECOND hand. To me, Goodman's source is second hand. So, I'm back to who has better sources: you or Goodman? I have to go with the guy whose business is to have good sources.

It's more logical that someone who getting wrong info now got wrong info in the past versus someone who would have been asked to pony up.

But you wouldn't consider these logical, normal standard operating procedures. If you'd like to talk about the logic of this, I welcome the discussion.

Absent my involvement, I would make a serious wager you would have agreed the position of someone intimately involved would know more than someone who isn't. Are you saying that if some other poster had cited sources that were contrary to Goodman, and had told us to take their word for it, that I/we would believe them? Everyone who claimed to know anything during the coaching search was mocked. EVERYONE. And if Biff (for example) told me that he had a Tier One Friend who told him that the buyout was only $7mm, I would have dismissed him as well.

The only reason we're still talking about it is because you won't let it go. After the last 24 hours, I honestly think that you expect to someday convince us all that you had a source who told you something that was meaningful - despite the fact that the Source said nothing that was meaningful.

I have told you that I can stipulate you having a Tier One Source, despite not knowing who it is. I'll stipulate that they told you what they did, which is that $15-18mm was "completely inaccurate." For you, that translates to complete vindication that Goodman was wrong - and that Your Tier One Source shared Important Information with you that allowed you to predict how the firing would play out. For many of the rest of us, those facts don't mean the same thing, and it's not because it was RJ saying it. It's partly because there is a professional who has more credibility and nothing you have shared has discredited him. What you believe is that your Source is better than his Source, even though you don't know who his Source is.

oh good we're going to do The Thing on this thread now

Has anyone created an RJKarl-and-The-Usual-Suspects-themed mafia game yet?

On one hand, a lot of folks on here - myself included - tease RJ. Occasionally, he posts funny stories.

On the other hand, he says a lot of fucked up shit and he's just a dick most of the time. Often, he derails threads with his martyr look-at-me shtick.

I don't know if I necessarily think he should be banned for derailing literally every thread. He should be confined to a thread or threads where he can do his thing and not disrupt the rest of the board constantly. It worked for keeper and kanhoji. Keeper was never as awful as RJ lately, imo; kanhoji probably was, imo.

There is plenty of evidence out there that supports some form of a ban, but that's up to the mods.

Also, the boards seem very important to RJ. I don't want to take that away from him. Confining his posting activities to a thread or handful of threads would be nice for the rest of us, though.

this. rj is as bad as kanhoji.

I was rational with you as well. Your position of the difference between $14M and $15M being "completely inaccurate" made no sense. $14M is slightly more than 6% less than $15M. That amount can be fixed in a minute. But you wouldn't even consider that.

You also wouldn't consider that someone who was personally involved in that contract would know more than someone getting second or third hand info. Nor would you consider that Goodman, who was wrong about coaching search could be wrong about the amount.

It's more logical that someone who getting wrong info now got wrong info in the past versus someone who would have been asked to pony up.

But you wouldn't consider these logical, normal standard operating procedures.

Absent my involvement, I would make a serious wager you would have agreed the position of someone intimately involved would know more than someone who isn't.

now imagine this in trump's voice

An RJ chat thread win simply doesn’t count right?

An RJ chat thread win simply doesn’t count right?

If you don't act like a dick towards me, I won't return the favor. There are lots of people here who don't like to take responsibility for their actions.

Hell, MDMH, Sig and I are even getting along. It is very possible.

f2650588478d7db68ec4ed6f72ec6e28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back