• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread, in which numerous #olds discuss #mattresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I meant to ask when you sent me what it was, do they do anything high end and well known, seems they are quantity over quality or are top in a field Im not aware of.

just gave notice

that was hard

When's your start date? I changed jobs in August knowing I'd get terminated as soon as I did and got a sweet 2 week vacation out of it.

edit: nevermind, just saw above.

I had to give really short notice, too. Ideally I had wanted to do a month, but had to start in less than 3 weeks from accepting the offer in order to be eligible for the 2016 bonus program. Since we had our most profitable year ever it was definitely worth it.

Also I meant to ask when you sent me what it was, do they do anything high end and well known, seems they are quantity over quality or are top in a field Im not aware of.

I am getting out of journals to work on a different product, but they do have some good stuff.

More of a social science focus. They have a really well-respected textbooks/e-learning program.

PM if you're interested in the team I'll be working on.

I had to give really short notice, too. Ideally I had wanted to do a month, but had to start in less than 3 weeks from accepting the offer in order to be eligible for the 2016 bonus program. Since we had our most profitable year ever it was definitely worth it.

I'm sure your efforts on Facebook and Twitter were responsible for the lion's share of the increase.

I am getting out of journals to work on a different product, but they do have some good stuff.

More of a social science focus. They have a really well-respected textbooks/e-learning program.

PM if you're interested in the team I'll be working on.

Maybe Chupe should get into publishing since he knows so much about libraries.

Doesn't THE BISHOP usually pop back for a few weeks late spring?

moving to raleigh? how'd i miss that! let me know if you want any advice on neighborhoods or places to go.

ETA: the neighborhoods you listed are all awesome. Mordecai is blowing up around Person St. right now. That's where I'd head if I had my pick. If you're still looking this fall, my townhouse in Five Points may be up for rent again.

Nice, I got similar advice from my brochacho about Mordecai last night. He recommended their or Cameron Village/Glenwood South area. He told me that Five Points was too fratastic for my tastes, doe.

lol nothing's happened... think i'm friendzoned. though he did bring me a super nice plant (an orchid) for my house last week!

dammit I was proud of the super soaker nickname but looks like it's for naught

You got friend zoned by a Mormon?

Also, you got friend zoned by a dude?

Who are all these men out here just trying to be friends with women? I don't get it.

Who are all these men out here just trying to be friends with women? I don't get it.

I imagine that Gentiles have to be in friend zone for years before a Mormon would ever be romantic with them.

Doofus where are y'all moving to in the Chuck? I got info if ya need it.

Giving notice at the beginning of the workday is noob move sorry twiggie gotta do that around 4pm

was gonna do it yesterday afternoon, but my boss took a halfday AND i didn't get an offer letter signed til like 6:30 PM

we had a staff meeting on the books for 11 and i wanted to do it before that so my boss could choose if he wanted to share the news then or not

Perhaps I'm being to old school, but unless my company had treated me poorly, I would not feel comfortable giving short notice. I also wouldn't want to work for a company that asked me to do so.

well, he hasn't asked me out. :shrug:

we've hung out multiple times in groups, he texts me a lot, last weekend he invited himself out to go dancing with me and two friends and stayed out til 1am despite not drinking (i was impressed) but i stupidly flirted with a diff dude. if he likes me, he just hasn't done anything about it-- or thinks that i've friendzoned him.

he's also like out of my league attractive. seriously looks like a Ken doll.

I know we've had this discussion before but you know you can ask him out, too, right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back